Apple to enable 5G on iPhones in India by December

• Thread starter Msingh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 44
  • Views: Views 5,796
Am I missing something here? Shouldn't such meetings supposed to have happened way before they launched it.
Who is responsible for this Telcos or The Government? Or the Handset makers.
Handset makers need to be blamed the most along with telcos to some extent, telcos had multiple android devices to showcase speed tests on the launch, it was upto the OEMs especially Apple to stay relevant with the latest updates and begin beta testing along with telcos before launch itself as everyone knew few months back that 5G would be launched either on Independence Day or IMC, now they are giving December as the timeline for 5G update, even top govt officials & telecom heads might be pissed as most of them would be on an iOS device but won't be enjoying their own 5G services :D

In US during the launch of iPhone 12 Apple collaborated with Verizon and gave a 30 mins presentation on 5G, but in India their staff just dozed off at the finish line, never seen Apple being trolled this much at least in India :p

Last edited:
So , it looks like we iOS users have to wait longer than the Chinese brand users to get 5G , Apple has said it'll take till Dec 2022 to roll the Carrier Updates .

Edit: I've a feeling that we're going to be seeing 5G earlier than this December deadline as Apple has a knack of underpromising, over delivering

Last edited:
Used to think that 5G is hardware based and not software based. Then by thus logic, everyone can provide 5G through software update, right?

Used to think that 5G is hardware based and not software based. Then by thus logic, everyone can provide 5G through software update, right?
Both hardware and software compatibility needed bro. It's not only about the software/OS update.

Got iOS 16.2 beta with India 5G support. Sadly not getting 5G yet on either Airtel or jio in Bangalore
zVDE7OF.jpg

PNB2GWC.jpg

With Jio, I see this:
2mJGzbU.png

In Airtel same thing as above, except that the 5G SA radio button is not visible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock