Discussion Apple iPhone 12 Series - iPhone 12 | 12 Mini | 12 Pro | 12 Pro Max

12 mini looks tempting bro but the battery is something we need to sacrifice for it. If you're a heavy or above avg user 4hrs SOT will not be enough for you. Better go for 12 instead of mini but if you can't get 12 go for 11 it's the best overall device from apple after a very long time. If you need a discount or something on 12 you might need to wait for a couple of months maybe or open an account in HDFC bank and get a debit card (My friend did that 🤣).
Do they provide easy emi for debit card instantly after opening the account..?

Do they provide easy emi for debit card instantly after opening the account..?

No, It will take some time and the pre-approved amount will depend on the amount you have in the account for those days too. I think mine started with 30k as a pre-approved amount.

With iPhone 12 Mini reviews out now, They suggest that it has a very mediocre battery life of 4hr SOT.

I am sad. iPhone 12 Mini was my fav, but the battery is so average. I am not sure whether it will last a day. Sorry for tagging you bros. But I need your help. @Siva @Raviteja . How can we term the 4-hour SOT on iPhones.?

I know that the regular iPhone 12 is not far away. But I don have a HDFC card.

Do we have any other offers for iPhone 12.?
4 hours SOT is pretty bad. Were they running beta? My iPhone X is giving more than 6 hours at 83 percent Max capacity. So I would expect 6 hours SOT on the 12 mini on a stable OS at 100 percent capacity.

4 hours SOT is pretty bad. Were they running beta? My iPhone X is giving more than 6 hours at 83 percent Max capacity. So I would expect 6 hours SOT on the 12 mini on a stable OS at 100 percent capacity.
No Beta. I think they tested those units out of the box. So it should have 14.1 or 14.2 stable build. Some got SOT around 3hr 40m only which is very worst.

CNN and TechCrunch have positive reviews for iPhone 12 mini battery. They say it is on par with the regular iPhone 12. One of them says, 12 mini lasted 15 mins longer than the 12 in the video loop test.

Apple iPhone 12 Pro is way cheaper than it is selling for, as far as the components used on it are concerned. The Bill of Materials report for the iPhone 12 Pro has revealed the cost of the components used on the phone and it is way too less than the selling price. The BoM for the iPhone 12 Pro is $406, which is nearly Rs 30,000. To remind you, the iPhone 12 Pro costs $999 in the US and Rs 1,19,900 in India. The BoM for the iPhone 12 stands at $373, which is around Rs 27,500.

iPhone 12 Pro bill of materials report reveals components worth roughly Rs 30,000

Interesting. :D

CNN and TechCrunch have positive reviews for iPhone 12 mini battery. They say it is on par with the regular iPhone 12. One of them says, 12 mini lasted 15 mins longer than the 12 in the video loop test.
OMG.. This means even vanilla iPhone 12 has pretty bad battery life as well...

Apple iPhone 12 Pro is way cheaper than it is selling for, as far as the components used on it are concerned. The Bill of Materials report for the iPhone 12 Pro has revealed the cost of the components used on the phone and it is way too less than the selling price. The BoM for the iPhone 12 Pro is $406, which is nearly Rs 30,000. To remind you, the iPhone 12 Pro costs $999 in the US and Rs 1,19,900 in India. The BoM for the iPhone 12 stands at $373, which is around Rs 27,500.

iPhone 12 Pro bill of materials report reveals components worth roughly Rs 30,000

Interesting. :D

It's funny/irritating how this type of sites just quote the price of parts and say companies are charging more or making more money. Not just apple I have seen articles about Samsung devices too. Who's gonna count R&D, device support (For an apple device you get updates for approx 5-6yrs) and other things. Who's gonna pay for the servers etc?

If these sites are able to get details of materials and other stuff easily why don't they make a device? :mad:

Let's consider US price, for now, device price is $999 and it costs $406 as per this site. There is a difference of $593.

In this $593 it goes for

1) R&D
2) Ordering and Shipping the items to the assembling section
3) Need to pay to the staff at the assembling department
4) Checking the final assembled product (Quality checking department)
5) Packing
6) Shipping to countries (I'm not talking about import tax etc)
7) Pay to servers for the services which we access like app store, software updates etc
8) Staff at customer service
9) Keep margin after all this is a business.

and other stuff. But this type of sites won't think about all this and just post the prices of parts and will say companies are charging more. This type of sites are just like videos on youtube which are made for clickbait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock