• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,538

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Google rolls out Android 7.0 Nougat over-the-air update for Android One devices. A reader of ours points out that the Cherry Mobile G1 is one of the many Android One phones that has the update on queue.

gsmarena_002.jpg

Similarly to what happened with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Android One devices receive the latest software update the day after Google releases the Nexus factory images.

If you have an Android One smartphone, we'd like to hear from you if your device has received the software update notification.

Android 7.0 Nougat update hits Android One phones - GSMArena.com news

These devices receive fast updates still they are failed. May be people don't like Bare android which Google provides   :-/

One of my relative has Spice Android one phone. Except Camera, everything is fine. I will ask him whether he received this update notification or not.

Sarkar said:
These devices receive fast updates still they are failed. May be people don't like Bare android which Google provides   :-/
I think it's because of the brands Google choose to partner with for Android one. Had they partnered with Moto or Xiaomi, this program could have been successful!

ilikered said:
I think it's because of the brands Google choose to partner with for Android one. Had they partnered with Moto or Xiaomi, this program could have been successful!

I think problem is Big brands don't want to constrain themselves in hardware specification which is mandatory and is the main demerit of this programme

Sarkar said:
I think problem is Big brands don't want to constrain themselves in hardware specification which is mandatory and is the main demerit of this programme

The hardware specs for Android one aren't that demanding. And Moto anyway is already putting ridiculous hardware now a days. They can at least participate in the android one program.

ilikered said:

From viewpoint of a android end user, it does not make any difference whether android one programme is successful. Because, they got to much more updates compare to other mobile manufacturers  - from Android Kitkat to Lolipop, from Lolipop to Marshmellow and now from Marshmellow to Nouget.  Can any mobile manufacturer provides such numbers of updates? So in my opinion Google Android One programme is successful from end user's view.

I have Micromax Android 1 AQ 4501, the phone have monthly updates with some security patches from the android. The Android one is only one, who gives you a monthly updates with phone security, I like this series phones.

Hemant Sanghavi said:
 From viewpoint of a android end user, it does not make any difference whether android one programme is successful. Because, they got to much more updates compare to other mobile manufacturers  - from Android Kitkat to Lolipop, from Lolipop to Marshmellow and now from Marshmellow to Nouget.  Can any mobile manufacturer provides such numbers of updates? So in my opinion Google Android One programme is successful from end user's view.
Problem is, there are no new Android one phones to buy for users like me. I like stock android and don't want to spend huge amount on nexus. Android one was the real hope for medium to low budget users who wants clean android experience. Sadly, except for the phones that were initially released there are no new models in this line. That's why the only option for stock android lovers is to buy Moto now!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock