Amazon Prime Music Updates

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
After launching Amazon Prime Video in India, the e-commerce giant is getting ready to bring its music streaming service to the Indian market by early next year to take on the likes of Saavn and Gaana.

Amazon Prime Music, which launched in the United States in 2014, will complement Prime Video.

Amazon is in talks with record labels including T-Series to acquire music rights. The aggressive intent of the company is already being discussed in the music industry.

Amazon has “acquired our film rights for the coming three years as a part of their Amazon Prime Video service. They are coming up with the music service next year, so they are taking our catalogue for their music service,” the Economic Times quoted T-Series managing director Bhushan Kumar as saying.

“It’s non-exclusive rights, just like we have given to the other music streaming platforms like Saavn, Gaana, Apple iTunes, and so on, for a specific time period… could be two-three years,” he added.

While globally Amazon Prime Music hasn’t specifically looked at music content, in India it is willing to tap the market because of the huge number of potential users.

Amazon Prime Music will likely, “look at investing in music review shows, probably launching independent artists, besides buying music rights from all the top music record labels,” an analyst told ET. “We can expect them to shake up the market with competitive pricing and exclusive offers. Plus, they will leverage upon their existing user base through Prime Video and ecommerce.”

Amazon Prime Music readying to launch in India | TelevisionPost.com

Nice..

amazon_prime_music_may_soon_have_indians_dance_to_its_tunes.jpg

for last 1-2 week, I'm using Prime music , and I love that they have very good old songs collection.. be it in my local language or be it hindi...
now waiting for official launch

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock