Sad News Airtel xtreme fibre down for 3rd day

• Thread starter nsas02
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 6,183

nsas02

Solutions
Reaction score
Airtel xtreme fibre is down for 3rd day today. After the cyclone Nivar Airtel is down in my area till now. Actually Nivar crossed Chennai on 25th night. Till 26th Morning internet was working fine. Around 9AM internet got down and i received an SMS from Airtel saying some Technical Issue and they're working on it. And the SMS had an eta of 2PM the same day. I've been receiving revised SMSs but looks like the issue is not resolved. Customer care would not raise a complaint since they're already working on the issue. Today, customer care said it would be resolved by 5PM. I'm not too sure of that. In my apartment few neighbours are using Act and Jio and they're working absolutely fine. I have been using Airtel broadband for around 14 years and have never faced a downtime of more than a day. I've to borrow wifi from my neighbour's Act for past 2 days since I'm working from home. Not sure what's gonna happen next week.

Area: Thiruvanmiyur

3Fiy16y.jpg

Another SMS now saying the issue will only be fixed tomorrow.. huh I'm sick of this...
HxCX7XX.jpg

I'm starting to think of changing to other service provider, preferably Jio. This is 4th day of downtime and I can't borrow neighbour's internet for next week also to wfh.

Anyone using Jio from Chennai (preferably from Thiruvanmiyur or Adyar area) pls let me know how reliable is the connection speed and customer care responses and downtime.

I'm starting to think of changing to other service provider, preferably Jio. This is 4th day of downtime and I can't borrow neighbour's internet for next week also to wfh.

Anyone using Jio from Chennai (preferably from Thiruvanmiyur or Adyar area) pls let me know how reliable is the connection speed and customer care responses and downtime.
Why not ACT fibre bro? I have ACT fibre in vada Palani.. Feel it's much safer to have ACT no downtime at all. My sister too got ACT after disconnecting Airtel shes at T Nagar.

Why not ACT fibre bro? I have ACT fibre in vada Palani.. Feel it's much safer to have ACT no downtime at all. My sister too got ACT after disconnecting Airtel shes at T Nagar.
Agreed. My parents are old-school and are used to having Landline at home. ACT provides only broadband. Let me check Jio, else ACT is my 2nd priority.

Atleast Airtel will have the courtesy of returning money for the period when your internet is not operational whereas BB providers like ACT don't have even that much decency.

Atleast Airtel will have the courtesy of returning money for the period when your internet is not operational whereas BB providers like ACT don't have even that much decency.
Correct. I've been using Airtel BB for around 14 years and have never faced this huge downtime.
Downtime during this pandemic Wfh situation is what is irritating to the core. Airtel is entirely down in my area, imagine the count of wfh ppl and kids impacted due to this downtime.
Main issue is that they do not have a fixed eta. It just keeps changing twice a day (u can refer my above screenshots). Going to office or friend's home is not an option due to safety reasons. On a normal week this downtime wouldn't have much impact.

Correct. I've been using Airtel BB for around 14 years and have never faced this huge downtime.
Downtime during this pandemic Wfh situation is what is irritating to the core. Airtel is entirely down in my area, imagine the count of wfh ppl and kids impacted due to this downtime.
Main issue is that they do not have a fixed eta. It just keeps changing twice a day (u can refer my above screenshots). Going to office or friend's home is not an option due to safety reasons. On a normal week this downtime wouldn't have much impact.
I have been using ACT for last 2 years and before than used Airtel.I had issues with Airtel and initially ACT was like a breath of fresh air but over past 7-8 months ACT has been very poor.Atleast with Airtel during the time i was using,i observed that they used to communicate if there was some problem.With ACT what i find lacking is total absence of communication. I am atleast privileged that ACT VP lives in my building so any problem gets attended on priority.But then you will never know when some network downtime happens.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock