Breaking Airtel Prepaid tariff to be hiked by 20–25% from 26 November 2021

Rc 19 is still there on app.
MnDaJj5.jpg

lSXNIcE.jpg

P85EeCg.jpg

I have remaining 12rs balance, but i have to recharge again for 179rs after 28 days to port out to BSNL, 179rs to send one port out sms :wall:
After recharging 79 using main balance its 12rs remaining now,
After the 79 pack ends, try sending the port out SMS during the 3 day Outgoing grace period validity. During this period, we are basically not under any plan. So there is an outside chance of outgoing SMS-es working during this period.

You could also try recharging with the 19 plan and see if the port out SMS works during that plan's 2 day validity, or during that plan's 3 day grace period validity.
Recharged ₹19. Made an outgoing call. Sim validity extended for 90 days. Would've gone with ₹98 plan. But Airtel being greedy doesn't allow service validity.
Does outgoing SMS-es work with the 19 plan? (Or during its 3 day Outgoing grace period?)

Rs 19 plan is still available on airtel, without any change in the amount. This is the best and the cheapest option to retain airtel prepaid number. I had done a Rs 19 recharge recently, now they do not provide any 3 days grace period with the Rs 19 pack. Also, this Rs 19 pack gives 2 days outgoing validity and incoming validity (it does not give additional 7 days incoming validity as with other packs)

Number retention technique for airtel prepaid (NO Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 19. You get 2 days Service validity.
  • Make an outgoing call on the 2nd day (last day)
  • From 3rd day to 92nd day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Incoming Calls also stop. Note that airtel blocks selective incoming SMS (like from Banks, OTP etc.) but keeps sending their own promotional SMS.
  • 93rd day: Recharge Rs 19 for 2 days service validity again.
  • Repeat the above procedure.
Summary: So for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 92 days x 4 = 368 days validity

I think they have added 30 days prime video mobile edition free trial with few plans...

uR5Yd6m.jpg

zXTKdn5.jpg

Last edited:
I think they have added 30 days prime video mobile edition free trial with few plans...

uR5Yd6m.jpg

zXTKdn5.jpg
It's a bug now it's revoked by a update .. difficult Airtel app 🤣😝

Now only 2 plans offering prime 359 & 699 🥱

And one plan offering DH+ 599

Rest all the plans contains Shaw academy courses 🤣😝

Rs 19 plan is still available on airtel, without any change in the amount. This is the best and the cheapest option to retain airtel prepaid number. I had done a Rs 19 recharge recently, now they do not provide any 3 days grace period with the Rs 19 pack. Also, this Rs 19 pack gives 2 days outgoing validity and incoming validity (it does not give additional 7 days incoming validity as with other packs)

Number retention technique for airtel prepaid (NO Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 19. You get 2 days Service validity.
  • Make an outgoing call on the 2nd day (last day)
  • From 3rd day to 92nd day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Incoming Calls also stop. Note that airtel blocks selective incoming SMS (like from Banks, OTP etc.) but keeps sending their own promotional SMS.
  • 93rd day: Recharge Rs 19 for 2 days service validity again.
  • Repeat the above procedure.
Summary: So for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 92 days x 4 = 368 days validity
That is an excellent write up! Thank you for the detailed guide.

I was already planning to do this with the 19 pack. These steps would now help. As you might have deduced from my post (the one right above yours), I had incorrectly assumed that the 7 day grace period was a given for all packs. Apparently that seems to be not the case.

During those 2 days, are you aware if outgoing SMS-es work?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock