Breaking Airtel Prepaid tariff to be hiked by 20–25% from 26 November 2021

During those 2 days, are you aware if outgoing SMS-es work?
I havnt tried, by looking at others' posts, I think it will not work :(

No outgoing sms will not work.
This is an absolute malpractice and fleecing of customers. Telcos just take advantage of ambiguous and loose laws/guidelines by TRAI / DoT in our country. No one ever thought of explicitly mentioning what all services a telco is "obliged" to provide always. Eg: Voice Call, SMS, Data, MMS.

Blocking Outgoing SMS for lower value packs is unfair trade practice, and yes, it is obvious that they are doing so to prevent users from porting. So, Minimum Recharge for Outgoing SMS is .... what? Like Rs 128 now? And this Rs 128 plan gives ZERO benefits (Rs 0 talktime, 0MB Data). So you may consider that Rs 128 is a "porting fee" - whereas TRAI Clearly mandates that there should be no porting fees for users.

Such is the state of telcos in our country and they are operating hand-in-glove with authorities / government, while the customer keeps suffering.

Also, to make matters worse, Rs 128 plan is no longer available in Vi. So for outgoing SMS, I think the minimum recharge amount would now be the Rs 179 Unlimited Plan. Yet another blow!

I havnt tried, by looking at others' posts, I think it will not work :(

This is an absolute malpractice and fleecing of customers. Telcos just take advantage of ambiguous and loose laws/guidelines by TRAI / DoT in our country. No one ever thought of explicitly mentioning what all services a telco is "obliged" to provide always. Eg: Voice Call, SMS, Data, MMS.

Blocking Outgoing SMS for lower value packs is unfair trade practice, and yes, it is obvious that they are doing so to prevent users from porting. So, Minimum Recharge for Outgoing SMS is .... what? Like Rs 128 now? And this Rs 128 plan gives ZERO benefits (Rs 0 talktime, 0MB Data). So you may consider that Rs 128 is a "porting fee" - whereas TRAI Clearly mandates that there should be no porting fees for users.

Such is the state of telcos in our country and they are operating hand-in-glove with authorities / government, while the customer keeps suffering.

Also, to make matters worse, Rs 128 plan is no longer available in Vi. So for outgoing SMS, I think the minimum recharge amount would now be the Rs 179 Unlimited Plan. Yet another blow!
This is similar to 3G era where a GB costs 300rs, similarly in future minimum plans for UL calls, 2GB data and outgoing SMS would be 299rs. Looting spree would be on alien level in future.

Other than 179₹ plan this have sms as well
EoQccyo.jpg

May be we should report about the lack of outgoing SMS facility for basic plans in the Indian government's National Consumer Helpline (NCH) website. This website can be used to register all types of consumer complaints.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock