Sad News Airtel, Idea and Vodafone now requires you to recharge with a minimum pack to keep your sim alive

• Thread starter Zmint
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,001
  • Views: Views 204,409

Zmint

Reaction score
I am using a Airtel Prepaid number which had a life time validity. Few days back I got a SMS that my outgoing will stop from 2nd Nov.
I ignored the message as I had sufficient balance in my account. Now I got the SMS again so I contacted CC and they confirmed the same.
I already have a Jio SIM and dont use the Airtel SIM much (Both SIM are in same mobile).
So please suggest me a minimum recharge so that I can keep my SIM active at minimal charge.

I think they are doing it gradually and quietly to avoid mass complaints. There was a public notice in the newspaper regarding this which I missed.
C3N9ay9l.jpg

There is no need to maintain 2 sims now. Port your sim to Jio if your other sim is Jio and discontinue your other sim. Users who are getting problems with Jio sims network in their area needs to recharge every 28 days as per Airtel direction to maintain the sim.

My dad uses airtel, and his sim validity has expired yesterday. He too, had ignored the message.

We might now port to idea.

Last edited:
My sister who is a doctor, was using Airtel Sim for more than 10 years. After returning from a training of about 3 months, she's shocked to see that her number is no more working. Called the cc, they asked to consult the nearby service point. The service point charged about Rs 450. No progress what so ever for the next week, even with follow up visits. After a week, Called the cc again to know that the number was given to another customer a day before. And guess what, Rs 450 is non refundable.

Telling you, Airtel is the most most terrible Telecom operator, in my experience. Sticking to this damn thing for 10 years now and don't want to switch because of fear of them messing with my number, as happened before to me in the past.

Ironically, Airtel Dth is fantastic.

Losing your main number is worst. Everyone should migrate their number to the operator which they are recharging and if required, they can also port their other number to different operator which they are not using but maintaining. Now mobile number is used everywhere and it is not possible to get it changed from all the different entities.

Is there a thread by some expert who keeps a track of telecom sector? It could be great help to know which operator requires u to keep recharging what amount to keep ur sim alive. This is like maintaining a minimum account balance with SBI. 😕

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock