Airtel and BSNL working with Nokia to transform networks to 5G

Vishnu777

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Top telco Bharti Airtel and state-run telco Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) are working with Nokia to transform existing networks to 5G, with the telecom gear maker defining use cases around the technology that will be relevant for the Indian market.

The Finnish gear maker recently inked memorandum of understandings (MoUs) with market leader Airtel and BSNL.

"Thoughts behind these MoUs would be to introduce 5G here, and what are the steps required for the same, besides identifying applications to define the target segment, which will lead to a complete 5G strategy for telcos," Sanjay Malik, head of India market at Nokia, told ET.
"It is more of a preparatory phase for getting into 5G." The commercial launch of 5G technology is likely to take place around 2019-2020 globally.

In India, field and content and application trials will start around 2018, he said. Nokia already supplies 4G equipment for Airtel’s network in nine circles -- Gujarat, Bihar, UP East, Mumbai, MP, West Bengal, Odisha, Punjab and Kerala. It recently emerged as the L1 (lowest) bidder for BSNL’s phase-8 expansion, and is currently working on an advanced purchase order (APO) for the telecom operator.

[url=http://m.economictimes.com/tech/internet/airtel-and-bsnl-working-with-nokia-to-transform-networks-to-5g/articleshow/58100246.cms]Access Denied [/url]

We dont need 4G or 5G. Give network of proper speed for proper cost...

Simply decreasing the speed of 4G and launching 5G is not good.

6 years back, I used to see youtube videos without buffering in Airtel 2G Network. But now, we are not able to see it in 3G Network also without buffering.

Ashok L said:
6 years back, I used to see youtube videos without buffering in Airtel 2G Network. But now, we are not able to see it in 3G Network also without buffering.
Even I too but bro that time internet users were so few.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those days aircel use to give Unlimited speed on EDGE only at Rs 98 for 30 days.I disconnected my BSNL broadband costing 600-700 buck having a bit more speed at 256kbps to avail it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock