Seeking Help Need help choosing a laptop for uni studies

Tanishq

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you guys are well.
I need help with choosing a laptop for my uni studies. My priorities are good battery, display and design over performance and other stuff. And with those points in mind I’ve found what I think would be good for my usecase and I need you help in choosing the best from these. All of them have atleast 16gb ram and 512gb ssd

1. Asus Zenbook 14. Its a ryzen 7 7530u plus its a 90hz glossy oled with a really great battery life. Some reviews i read said it a noisy fan and usually heats up sometimes. But won't be a issue. My first preference because of its price and feature which I like. My issue is how the cpu will hold up in the coming years and I'll be using it for atleast 4-5 years.

2. Lenovo Ideapad pro 5i. It houses latest Intel Ultra 5 125H, which has 2 new lpu (low power efficient) core which I think means good battery life. The ram and ssd are ddr5x and gen4 respectively. The display is ips but 2.8k and supports 120hz with antiglare. The battery capacity is really huge but I can't find any review regarding this specific model, none what so ever so I have no idea how it performs.

3. HP Pavillion Plus 14. It's on the list because it's an hp product and looks amazing. Though I do get ₹15k off from my offline store.

I was really considering m2 air but it's 90k and it only has 8gb ram and 256gb ssd. Though it'll go well with my iPhone but alas the specs arent good and the uograde prices for 16/512 makes it twice my budget.

I don't have much idea regarding their after sales services, one of my friends stopped me from buying asus as there are high motherboard issue but the zenbook is just too good of a price value.
Please help me choose the best. Also if you guys would like to suggest a different one I welcome it, I highly value your experience and opinions. Thanks.

Last edited:
1. Lenovo
2. Asus
3. HP

Asus has DDR4X RAM. Otherwise it would've been first. It would matter a lot, as you are planning to use it for 4-5 years. So future proofing is a must.

1. Lenovo
2. Asus
3. HP

Asus has DDR4X RAM. Otherwise it would've been first. It would matter a lot, as you are planning to use it for 4-5 years. So future proofing is a must.
Thanks but for my light use i dont think ddr5 will make much impact.

Thanks but for my light use i dont think ddr5 will make much impact.
It will. RAM is responsible for even the most basic tasks like opening and closing apps. As the years pass by, the softwares keep on getting heavier and complex. The CPU might hold up, but the RAM will act as a bottleneck.

It will. RAM is responsible for even the most basic tasks like opening and closing apps. As the years pass by, the softwares keep on getting heavier and complex. The CPU might hold up, but the RAM will act as a bottleneck.
OK then lenovo is the preferred choice. I've got two display option fir this model. One is ips panel with 100%srgb colour support with anti glare display and the other is an oled panel which supports hdr so the colour would be great but the display is glossy. Both support 120hz and 400 nits but hdr panel gets 500 nits peak brightness. Which one would be better?

Last edited:
OK than lenovo is the preferred choice. I've got two display option fir this model. One is ips panel with 100%srgb colour support with anti glare display and the other is an oled panel which supports hdr so the colour would be great but the display is glossy. Both support 120hz and 400 nits but hdr panel gets 500 nits peak brightness. Which one would be better?
The quality of OLED is unmatched. I too have a Laptop with OLED display. I was also worried about glossy display. But it didn't bother me one bit.

The quality of OLED is unmatched. I too have a Laptop with OLED display. I was also worried about glossy display. But it didn't bother me one bit.
Thanks. How long you've had that display for? Any issue regarding battery life and burn ins the oled are infamous for?

Thanks. How long you've had that display for? Any issue regarding battery life and burn ins the oled are infamous for?
Completed 1 year last week. No burn-in so far. No battery life issues.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock