Seeking Help Help me look for a new laptop

Tanishq

Reaction score
I am currently looking for a good thin and light laptop with good battery life and screen quality. At first I thought of m1 air but I want at least 512gb SSD and ram upgrade would be nice but the upgrade price are horrible basically putting it out of my range. Then I started looking into Windows but there are variety of options so I’ve made some checkbox of the features which a laptop should support:

1. Intel Evo (Heard a lot of good things about it mostly good battery life and how snappy it is while closing and opening the laptop. Not a necessity)
2. Good Battery Life (At least 6 hours is required)
3. Screen quality should be good (Viewing angles and colors are primary requirement)
4. 16gb/512gb seems like a good spot.

My budget is around 60,000 INR.

Side question, is DDR5 really better than DDR4? I can wait a few months if prices on certain products can go down in future.

What is your basic use for the laptop is it for gaming or for office use or for what purpose?
I’m a university student so I’m mostly going to do light tasks but quite a few times I’ve a lot of tabs open so I know 16gb ram is kinda required. But I watch a lot of movies so a good screen is preferable. Thanks

I would recommend this model from Asus it is a 14 inch laptop it runs on AMD Ryzen 7 (my opinion is Ryzen 7 > i7) with OLED screen 16GB RAM and 512SSD and you will be paying less as compared to Intel as you are not paying for the Intel brand value.

I am using a Asus Windows Laptop and a Asus Chromebook user along with a HP and Dell user too and I have had only 1 issue with Asus for the last 5 years that was a bad update which caused the laptop to autorestart continuously.

One downside is battery backup is bad compared to Dell (my office laptop) and similar to my HP

I would recommend this model from Asus it is a 14 inch laptop it runs on AMD Ryzen 7 (my opinion is Ryzen 7 > i7) with OLED screen 16GB RAM and 512SSD and you will be paying less as compared to Intel as you are not paying for the Intel brand value.

I am using a Asus Windows Laptop and a Asus Chromebook user along with a HP and Dell user too and I have had only 1 issue with Asus for the last 5 years that was a bad update which caused the laptop to autorestart continuously.

One downside is battery backup is bad compared to Dell (my office laptop) and similar to my HP

The laptop does work but as you said battery life is okayish. Looked for cheapest LG gram but then cheapest is 85k. Thanks for suggesting.

@Tanishq Bro, most of the Intel EVO laptops are beyond your specified budget.

You can view a list of Intel EVO laptops available in India with price -> Shop Intel® Evo™ Laptops

One more laptop to consider -> https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Windows-Keyboard-Fingerprint-NP750XED-KC2IN/dp/B09Z1ZG7Y3/?th=1
i5 variant is around your budget, but it has 8GB RAM.

You should also check retail stores; you might get a better deal.

Keep in mind that most Windows PCs these days comes with soldered RAM, and some has an additional slot for upgradability.

Side question, is DDR5 really better than DDR4? I can wait a few months if prices on certain products can go down in future.
Yes, DDR5 RAM are faster and better, but it also depends on what programs you'll run. If you only plan to browser web, run office apps, watch movies, then, you won't notice any difference in performance while using DDR4 or DDR5 RAM. DDR5 RAMs are mostly better for gaming, video editing.

Wait for bbd sale in sept/oct if you looking to buy the reputed brands. If not, check Chinese brands like honor or Xiaomi, you can get the laptop with the requirements you mentioned and also within your budget.

1. ASUS Core i7 11th Gen - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home)
  2. ASUS Vivobook Pro 15 Ryzen 7 Octa Core AMD R7-4800H - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max Q)
  3. ASUS Vivobook Pro 15 OLED Ryzen 7 Octa Core AMD R7-4800H - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max Q)
  4. SAMSUNG Core i7 12th Gen - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home)
Check out the above 4 models. Except the Samsung one others fit in your budget but the Samsung model comes with 12Gen CPU and hence it's more expensive.

Coming to Intel Evo platform, the important features are
  • Blazing fast responsiveness
  • Longer battery life
  • Intel Iris graphics which delivers faster video editing
  • WiFi 6, which provides faster wireless internet speeds.
i don't think you, as a university student who basically gonna use the laptop for browsing, movies and light gaming, would need it. Intel Evo is designed mainly for creators and hard gamers. Spending huge money on it is not a smart move imo, unless you really NEED those features.

And for your other question, DDR 5 is definitely huge leap from DDR 4. But again, the price will be on the higher side and as said by @sumitroy bro there won't be a big difference you could notice as a moderate user.

Thank you all @federer.reddevil @sumitroy @mmadhankumar @San_jay for your suggestions and thoughts. Also I've decided to wait a little for the price to go down a little. Last question, how is this HP Laptop. Seems like a good deal and the ram can be upgraded to 32gb in future. Also I'll hit the stores now and see if I find anything. Thanks for all your help.
This is Windows 10 from out of box you need to manually upgrade to Windows 11 otherwise its ok

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock