1% tax on online transactions (purchases) proposed by Indian Government

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 58
  • Views: Views 7,754
Bro understand now In small hotels also we have to pay 5% taxes, earlier it was not there.

And we middle class people won't eat in restaurants always, we go to only small or medium hotels...
Even normal non-AC hotels had the taxes, but subject to some limit (few lakhs) under which they had no taxes.

Rich people have never stepped into normal world or what? Do you actually believe that is what happens in the real world?
Literally half of my friends pay almost 2 lakhs per year as rent and all in cash. Most landlords will never do what is legal. Even collecting documents, they show less rent.
Then that's a problem with the people. I have never done that nor i know anyone in my workplace doing the same. If i am paying rent of 15k per month then i will make sure i get full benefit irrespective of whether my landlord is getting taxed or not.
1 more thing, i don't support Congress but i still feel atleast they had far better finance ministers who atleast knew what they were doing. Right now economic condition of country is a mess and this budget has not done anything to improve it.

Then that's a problem with the people. I have never done that nor i know anyone in my workplace doing the same. If i am paying rent of 15k per month then i will make sure i get full benefit irrespective of whether my landlord is getting taxed or not.
1 more thing, i don't support Congress but i still feel atleast they had far better finance ministers who atleast knew what they were doing. Right now economic condition of country is a mess and this budget has not done anything to improve it.
Then the problem is with most people. Here most landlords don't care to say no to you cuz demand is sky high.
Congress literally put India to coma stage until the 90s during which their hands were tied and they had to open the economy just for sheer survival of India from death. They did the right thing, but the economy was utter mess. Congress later coasted on Atal Bihari Vajpayee's good policies for 3-4 years and then showed their true ineptness and hunger for scams which pushed inflation to record levels every year.

Last edited:
Just a simple logic, most of our mind wants more salary and less expenditure every year. If you spend less every year your tax amount received by government is less but they have to pay more salary every year to govt employees. Its a cyclic thing.

Since only few of entire population in India pays income tax, they are finding other ways to tax whole country and try to abolish income tax may be..

I opened this thread to say the exact same thing! Well, abolish income tax maybe a stretch but what the government is trying to do is to have tax at as many places as possible wherein people transact.

Please check the previous finance minister family asset in India and abroad... Now economic slowdown not only here but all over the world

I opened this thread to say the exact same thing! Well, abolish income tax maybe a stretch but what the government is trying to do is to have tax at as many places as possible wherein people transact.
They are stepping on this issue but in a step by step process. All of a sudden can't do anything in one go. Aadhar is the main thing that will collect all info with a single click.

This is just loot from govt. I would rather prefer a single tax to be paid every month say 10% of my monthly income as tax and just abolish all the other taxes. Ppl can pay this easily as the burden would be less on people and govt will also get money systematically. This can be shared by both central and state govt equally. Also they can charge as per the slab rates during the year end giving benefits for all the tax deductions. This is reduce the burden completely on all.

This is just loot from govt. I would rather prefer a single tax to be paid every month say 10% of my monthly income as tax and just abolish all the other taxes. Ppl can pay this easily as the burden would be less on people and govt will also get money systematically. This can be shared by both central and state govt equally. Also they can charge as per the slab rates during the year end giving benefits for all the tax deductions. This is reduce the burden completely on all.
If people earn more pay more tax then only society will stabilise otherwise rich are becoming richer and poor becoming poorer. This will create huge problems in a society

Alright then. You can keep ignoring the good stuff.
For people who are not rich or earn much like me, its way better to have money in the hand.
You cannot compare your tax in previous regime and in new and then generalize it for all😡

We are paying tax we know...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock