1% tax on online transactions (purchases) proposed by Indian Government

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 58
  • Views: Views 7,888
Taxes are atleast 5% lesser for all salaried people
I meant what I asked. You can compare the previous (Congress) regime with this regime and explain how it is 5% lesser for ALL salaried people. You can take the example of a person who is drawing 10L per anum. Remember I'm only talking about the direct tax (TDS). The tax rates in restaurants and other things are indirect, we are not discussing that, as we all know that the least international fuel pricing benefits haven't been passed to the common man. There are many other things like buying a flat, insurance on which the GST is much higher than the previous tax regime. Indirect taxes reduced on some and increased on some, so I don't think it's worth discussing.

I meant what I asked. You can compare the previous (Congress) regime with this regime and explain how it is 5% lesser for ALL salaried people. You can take the example of a person who is drawing 10L per anum. Remember I'm only talking about the direct tax (TDS). The tax rates in restaurants and other things are indirect, we are not discussing that, as we all know that the least international fuel pricing benefits haven't been passed to the common man. There are many other things like buying a flat, insurance on which the GST is much higher than the previous tax regime. Indirect taxes reduced on some and increased on some, so I don't think it's worth discussing.
Alright then. You can keep ignoring the good stuff.
For people who are not rich or earn much like me, its way better to have money in the hand.

What do you mean?
Taxes are atleast 5% lesser for all salaried people (way lesser for low earners, deductions are also higher), interest rates on loans are lesser, tax rates on restaurants and junk food are way lesser which means more money in your pocket and inflation has plummeted compared to Congress era when the value of your money literally vanished in front of your eyes every year.
I voted for Congress's pappu the first time btw.
Sorry but it seems govt is able to fool this generation big time. If you are salaried person, then already you ar investing in 80C in form of epf, if you pay house rent then you are claiming hra deduction automatically. new regime is of absolutely no use to such a person. Its an eyewash. What the govt wants is to confuse the tax payers by saying the new regime is for their benefit but actually it is not. Right now the new tax regime is optional but could be the case that they will make it mandatory from next year by showing numbers liek 80% opted for the same. Such an action will kill salaried class.

Already lot of discussion between income tax payer and non payer so govt is looking for different source to collect tax and give benefit to the society of income tax payers. Income tax collection is too less when compare to other tax collection. Hope we all support govt to come good to serve society
Oh you mean selling BPCL, Trains, LIC etc., to private is benefit to society...
So pity on seeing some people supporting everything blindly....

Bro understand if you are availing any service for 200 Rs you will be paying 2000 + 360 (GST) + 20 (for online transaction-proposed) = 2380 Rs...

I hope it affects Small and Medium Scale Industries a lot, For Eg., If they order for a minimum of 1,00,000 Rs, they will be paying (1,00,000 + 18,000 (GST) +1000 Rs (proposed online charges)) What an move now they will be shedding some more extra money

They are trying suck as much money from middle class people.

Last edited:
Sorry but it seems govt is able to fool this generation big time. If you are salaried person, then already you ar investing in 80C in form of epf, if you pay house rent then you are claiming hra deduction automatically. new regime is of absolutely no use to such a person. Its an eyewash. What the govt wants is to confuse the tax payers by saying the new regime is for their benefit but actually it is not. Right now the new tax regime is optional but could be the case that they will make it mandatory from next year by showing numbers liek 80% opted for the same. Such an action will kill salaried class.
How many landlords take rent legally? Most don't, else they have to show it in their records which was always the case.
PS: We are not comparing to last year's budget. We are comparing with the shytshow that was under Congress.

What do you mean?
Taxes are atleast 5% lesser for all salaried people (way lesser for low earners, deductions are also higher), interest rates on loans are lesser, tax rates on restaurants and junk food are way lesser which means more money in your pocket and inflation has plummeted compared to Congress era when the value of your money literally vanished in front of your eyes every year.
I voted for Congress's pappu the first time btw.

In most of restaurants & hotel, we don't have any taxes before GST Implementation only service charges were there that too in some star hotels,
After GST it was fixed at 12% for most of hotels and later reduced to 5%...
As per your BJP Govt theory, what a reduction of taxes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Grow up kid....
In most of restaurants & hotel, we don't have any taxes before GST Implementation only service charges were there that too in some star hotels,
After GST it was fixed at 12% for most of hotels and later reduced to 5%...
As per your BJP Govt theory, what a reduction of taxes...
So you're saying you have never eaten at restaurants. Alright then.
Let me make it clear for you. Previously taxes were around 18% under Congress. Just because they didn't specify doesn't mean there was no tax. Many just hid the revenue and gobbled the taxes as well. GST was mostly revenue neutral when it first got implemented. Now its lower than ever before for most of the stuff middle class like me pays for.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many landlords take rent legally? Most don't, else they have to show it in their records which was always the case.
PS: We are not comparing to last year's budget. We are comparing with the shytshow that was under Congress.
If you are paying more than 1 lakh rent per year then you need to furnish landlord pan card. Govt has the pan number. It can tax the landlord if it choses to

So you're saying you have never eaten at restaurants. Alright then.
Let me make it clear for you. Previously taxes were around 18% under Congress. Just because they didn't specify doesn't mean there was no tax. Many just hid the revenue and gobbled the taxes as well. GST was mostly revenue neutral when it first got implemented. Now its lower than ever before for most of the stuff middle class like me pays for.
Maybe you should grow up instead of asking others to.
Bro understand now In small hotels also we have to pay 5% taxes, earlier it was not there.

And we middle class people won't eat in restaurants always, we go to only small or medium hotels...

If you are paying more than 1 lakh rent per year then you need to furnish landlord pan card. Govt has the pan number. It can tax the landlord if it choses to
Rich people have never stepped into normal world or what? Do you actually believe that is what happens in the real world?
Literally half of my friends pay around 2 lakhs per year as rent and all in cash. Most landlords will never do what is legal. Even collecting documents, they show less rent.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock