Xiaomi MIUI OS contains Adware - The hidden cost of affordable high-end phones

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,819
Why not they just start a paid plan with renewal for ad-free experience.

Say, you can pay Rs.500 a year for your Mi account and all your Xiaomi phones logged with same Mi ID will be ad free. That sounds like a deal right? Many would be happily paying i believe as people hate Xiaomi only due to its excessive adware.
Cricket is famous in India. Go to play store. See the reviews. How many are complaining about cricket not being free? Hotstar Sports yearly cost as much as a Domino's pizza. Movie ticket cost ₹150. Amazon Prime which comes with loads of stuff cost ₹129. People still complain about Race 3 not being free. Paid software or service almost doesn't exist for most Indians. If Xiaomi even comes with paid service someone will come with ways to bypass it. Then they'll need to encrypt everything. It's just better to leave paid software alone for now.

Last edited:
Xiaomi sells good hardware at mouth watering price & cheats customers with ads. Till some point, even ads are acceptable, but then with each and every MIUI update (& rarely major android update), device performance degrades along with battery life. If you want proof, visit MIUI forum (now labelled MIUI community), & visit any device subforum.
Xiaomi has been making people fools in India. Even I was loyal Xiaomi fan from Mi3 till Redmi Note 4, but then I realised the trap & have been purchasing Motorola & Asus phones with stock android.

One user alleges on youtube comments that his patent were not only stolen. Even the product he invented was into manufacturing.

I am not accusing but urging all Xiaomi user of the community to avoid Xiaomi's note app as a precaution.

OQOfvcx.jpg

@iDJ @Prithi Deb
I want to know about ads...Really I am confused...Actually I am not getting such irritating ads in my Redmi Note10 Pro...Can u post as of those ads...
BTW I have disabled app notifications and force stopped many apps...

The best way to disable all apps is by doing adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package name of app>. Except Getapps and Findmydevice, rest all other Xiaomi bloatware I've disabled..

@iDJ @Prithi Deb
I want to know about ads...Really I am confused...Actually I am not getting such irritating ads in my Redmi Note10 Pro...Can u post as of those ads...
BTW I have disabled app notifications and force stopped many apps...
There are 3 options for you. First try resetting your Google account"s ad preference. Use apps like Adguard on Redmi phones to block ads. Third is to go around phones system apps and disable recommendations which completely blocks ads for me. Also change your region to some non India country like UK, Denmark.
cVYF3ou.png

74r7j2V.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock