Xiaomi MIUI OS contains Adware - The hidden cost of affordable high-end phones

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,826
Dear bros I've tried a new method to get rid of ads coming in System Apps despite switching off recommendations and switching off msa. Just go to data usage>System Apps and search for msa. Now just switch off Mobile data Sim 1 and 2 and Background data. Now the ads shouldn't be coming. Hope it helps. Please do tell me if it's working or not.

Dear bros I've tried a new method to get rid of ads coming in System Apps despite switching off recommendations and switching off msa. Just go to data usage>System Apps and search for msa. Now just switch off Mobile data Sim 1 and 2 and Background data. Now the ads shouldn't be coming. Hope it helps. Please do tell me if it's working or not.
I use adguard when I am connected to wifi. Unfortunately pro features are only available for free for 7 days.

Ads in MIUI can be stopped from appearing on your phone screen by maintaing following steps...

in MIUI Browser:
settings-Advanced-Top Site orders-Receive Recommendation( Turn off this )
settings-privacy-Recomendation for you(turn this off also)
in Theme App :
Settings-Show Advertisement(turn off this)
In Security App:
settings-Receive Recommendation (Turn Off this)
in MiUI Music app:
settings-advance settings-Receive recommendation (turn off this)
in MIUI Video app:
settings-Online Recommendation (turn off)
in Miui File manager:
settings-about-Recommendation (turn this off)

and from settings
Additional settings-Authorization and Revocation- msa(turn this off)*

*this settings can't be turned off if you are not signed in your MIUI account in your device and if the device is not registered with your ID.

**all of the above mentioned steps are personally tested on Miui 9(Mi max, Redmi 5a and Redmi note 5 pro) and Miui 10(Note 5 pro). **

thanks for reading
Simply turn msa option off in Authorization and Revocation present in Settings. It worked for me
You only said this bro before.

Trust me bro. I started hating MIUI due to ads. But after using it for almost 3 years. I can't move to any other Android ROM. Even stock is less user friendly than MIUI. Only thing bad is ads which can be turned off if you know the tricks. Xiaomi has got it right with software. Once you start using it won't be easier for you to move to new phone. The only thing they ever did wrong is ditching live wallpaper.
Why not they just start a paid plan with renewal for ad-free experience.

Say, you can pay Rs.500 a year for your Mi account and all your Xiaomi phones logged with same Mi ID will be ad free. That sounds like a deal right? Many would be happily paying i believe as people hate Xiaomi only due to its excessive adware.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock