Xiaomi Mi Box 4K Android TV box announced

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Xiaomi has announced Mi Box, its new 4K box powered by Android TV. Xiaomi is also one of Google’s first Android partners for making Daydream-ready devices, Google VP Clay Bavor announced at the Google I/O conference keynote few hours back. It also comes bundled with Bluetooth voice remote that supports voice search and commands and has optional Mi Game Controller that also connects to other Android devices other than the Mi Box.

Mi Box is a sleek device that will run Android TV 6.0 and lets you access movies, shows and games from Google Play, YouTube and other apps. It has 4K UHD video content playback at 60 frames per second, latest HDR10 standard (to be enabled from Android N on-wards) and the updated HDMI 2.0a. Xiaomi said that it has sold over 10 million smart TVs and set-top boxes in China since 2013.

Xiaomi Mi Box specifications

60fps 4K video decoding

Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU and Mali 450 GPU

2GB DDR3 RAM and 8GB eMMC flash

Android TV 6.0

Dolby Digital Plus + DTS surround sound

Bluetooth voice remote (powered by 2 AAA batteries)

Optional Mi Game Controller

Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 4.0

HDMI 2.0a x 1 port (HDCP 2.2), USB 2.0 x 1, SPDIF Out / 3.5mm audio output x 1,

VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K x 2K at 60fps, H.265 HEVC MP-10 at L5.1, up to 4K x 2K at 60fps, H.264 AVC HPat L5.1, up to 4K x 2K at 30fps, H.264 MVC, up to 1080P at 60fps

Xiaomi Mi Box powered by Android TV comes in Black color and will first in the US, with other global markets to follow. Availability and pricing details will be announced soon.

Commenting on the latest announcement, Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global said: This is a significant milestone for Xiaomi and I am really excited to be working closely with Google to bring such a great product to our fans in the US. I believe US consumers will truly enjoy the Android TV experience on Mi Box, which brings stunning 4K HDR video and a wide variety of content to your living room.

Xiaomi Mi Box 4K Android TV box announced, coming soon to the US

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock