WWE News & Updates

• Thread starter Gagan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 956
  • Views: Views 98,231
shawl_who said:
I thought angle wud fight for few more yrs....in d wwe, but now that he is in fame of class... its d end of his carrier. :(

He spoiled his career in TNA...:s

John Cena ties Ric Flair for most World Title reigns in sports-entertainment history

Screenshot_2017_01_31_20_24_10_773.jpg

The Nature Boy finally has some company in the elite 16-Timers Club.

With his WWE Championship win over AJ Styles at WWE Royal Rumble, John Cena racked up the 16th World Title of his career, tying Ric Flair for the most World Championship reigns in sports-entertainment history.

The incredible achievement snapped a two-year-plus championship drought for Cena. The Cenation Leader’s last World Title reign ended Aug. 17, 2014, when Brock Lesnar defeated him at SummerSlam to claim the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Flair, who held the WWE Championship twice and the WCW and NWA Championships a combined 14 times over the course of his WWE Hall of Fame career, stood alone atop the record books for nearly 17 years. The Nature Boy tweeted his congratulations to Cena following his monumental feat and later posed for a photo with the new WWE Champion:

Screenshot_2017_01_31_20_23_53_715.jpg

TMPDOODLE1485874673705.jpg

Cena's victory is not the first time The Champ earned a World Title on Jan. 29, either. Eleven years ago to the day, Cena defeated WWE Hall of Famer Edge to win his second WWE Championship at Royal Rumble 2006.

John Cena ties Ric Flair for most World Title reigns in sports-entertainment history

too bad, flair is just too old, for any such thoughts... age 67 :shy

nobody shud wrestle/hit such an old man :k

CM Punk Plans to Fight Again Whether It's in the UFC or Elsewhere

cm-punk-evolution-ep3-750.jpg

CM Punk‘s UFC debut didn’t go well. The former WWE superstar turned mixed martial artist was submitted by Mickey Gall in the first round of his promotional and professional debut at UFC 203 in September 2016.

Despite the setback, the 38-year-old plans to get back in the Octagon for a second time.

CM-Punk-02-750x370.jpg

“I’m working on it feverishly,” Punk told Fox Sports during the 2017 NHL All Star game festivities. “I’m throwing names at Dana [White], opponents, dates. I don’t know if he’s waiting for a Chicago show or what the deal is.”

The UFC president supports Punk fighting, but stated in interviews after the UFC 203 loss to Gall that maybe his next fight should be in a lower tier promotion.

“He probably shouldn’t have his next fight in the UFC,” White said following the UFC 203 pay-per-view event.

Whether his next fight is in the UFC or not, Punk is determined to fight again.

“If it doesn’t happen in the UFC, then it will happen somewhere else. I’m dedicated to fighting and training.”

CM Punk Plans to Fight Again Whether It's in the UFC or Elsewhere | MMAWeekly.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock