Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views Views: Views 201,514
1. If your pc came preinstalled with Windows 10, then no

2. if you purchased Windows 10, then contact cc

3. if you have a digital license make sure it's linked to your Microsoft account, then uninstall windows 10 from older pc and install windows 10 on a newer pc. Sign in and then use troubleshoot (in Activation tab windows settings).
Steps: How to re-activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

I think some correction needed in option 3.

Option 1 is absolutely correct.

For option 2, there are two type of license, if someone buy OEM license then that cannot be transferred but if it is retail box license then that can be transferred.

For option 3(applicable for digital license i.e Win 7 and 8 upgrade users), license cannot be transferred from one PC to another by uninstalling from old and installing in new by using MSFT account, if small hardware change on same PC is making windows deactivate then that can be activated by troubleshooting

What if i download the FCU ISO file and then install it on a PC running Win 7 ??? Will i get new Key for free, or can i use my Laptop Key ( digital license)

You can only upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 for free upto 31st Dec 2017 only after that you have to Pay. You also have to download Win 10 from assistive technology page for that

Last edited:
For option 2, there are two type of license, if someone buy OEM license then that cannot be transferred but if it is retail box license then that can be transferred.
Agreed (y)
For option 3(applicable for digital license i.e Win 7 and 8 upgrade users), license cannot be transferred from one PC to another by uninstalling from old and installing in new by using MSFT account, if small hardware change on same PC is making windows deactivate then that can be activated by troubleshooting
IMO, It is transferable only if it's a retail digital license (purchased from windows store or if upgraded from retail edition of Windows 7, 8.1)
transfer my retail digital license to a new machine void of any OS

MSFT has made licensing very confusing, they should implement subscription asap like what antivirus companies do

MSFT has made licensing very confusing, they should implement subscription asap like what antivirus companies do
Have to highly disagree here. Subscription for core os would need us to keep paying forever to use the OS. Current system is fine imo.

Have to highly disagree here. Subscription for core os would need us to keep paying forever to use the OS. Current system is fine imo.

If you were Satya Nadella you would want customers that way, isn't it ? Price should be reasonable like Rs 200-300 per year with 50 GB cloud storage+word+excel+powerpoint, I think that will not hurt us, higher plan for power users with more office apps and cloud storage, If someone don't want to pay then core OS should function like Win 10S with one time fee, Absurd pricing like Rs 8000 only for windows and again Rs 5000 for Office forces many like me to piracy which nobody wants but again no choices left, software price should not be 50% of hardware price, that's ridiculous

Last edited:
Where is the FCU file in C drive ??? i want to see how much is downloaded. The windows update shows 0% from yesterday....

Where is the FCU file in C drive ??? i want to see how much is downloaded. The windows update shows 0% from yesterday....
open file explorer --> click view --> check hidden items
open C drive --> $windows.Bt --> sources
you will find a file install.esd

Back
Top Bottom