Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views Views: Views 201,516
Prathamesh said:
D J Das bro please install Windows 10 pro so that we will know if it is available for free.

Bro I think Win10 Pro can't install on my laptop cz, my laptop's windows product key already already registered with Win10 Home version.
Sarkar bro, Can I replace my windows model with pro from home?

Last edited by a moderator:
D. J. Das. said:
Bro I think Win10 Pro can't install on my laptop cz, my laptop's windows product key already already registered with Win10 Home version.
Sarkar bro, Can I replace my windows model with pro from home?

You could do it but that window is gone now. So you cannot do it now. But I did that. 

I had Windows 7 Home. I format and install Win 7 Ultimate and activate it illegally by running a XXXXX. Then I upgrade that Win 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro for free during free upgrade offer and get my laptop registered with Win 10 Pro digital licence without any issue and happened automatically. After that I did a clean installation of Win 10 Pro which is now a fully legal licensed version as I don't want to live with malware which I used to activate my Win 7 Ultimate.  :lol

Sarkar said:
You could do it but that window is gone now. So you cannot do it now. But I did that. 

I had Windows 7 Home. I format and install Win 7 Ultimate and activate it illegally by running a XXXXX. Then I upgrade that Win 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro for free during free upgrade offer and get my laptop registered with Win 10 Pro digital licence without any issue and happened automatically. After that I did a clean installation of Win 10 Pro which is now a fully legal licensed version as I don't want to live with malware which I used to activate my Win 7 Ultimate.  :lol

lucky.. Even I had win 7 ultimate by the way you mentioned on another laptop. I didn't upgrade to Win 10 on that laptop as I feared that some issue might happen. But that laptop is dead now..

Microsoft sets May 9 as original Windows 10's retirement date

Version 1507, the mid-2015 debut release, disappears from the patching list; next up, 1511, will likely follow in early October

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3189988/microsoft-windows/microsoft-sets-may-9-as-original-windows-10s-retirement-date.amp.html

Microsoft is experimenting with tabs in File Explorer and other apps on Windows 10

tabunoptimized.png

Microsoft is experimenting with tabs in File Explorer and other apps on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Finally Tabs are coming to Windows File Explorer  :ohya

Windows 10 will soon throttle background apps to save your battery life

1-58f64eed6d67d.png

Figure 1 – Task Manager shows which processes are Power throttled

Note: Power Throttling is currently available only for processors with Intel’s Speed Shift technology, available in Intel’s 6th-gen (and beyond) Core processors – we’re working on expanding support to other processors as well over the next few months.

How does it work? To give great performance to the apps you’re using, while at the same time power throttling background work, we built a sophisticated detection system into Windows. The OS identifies work that is important to you (apps in the foreground, apps playing music, as well as other categories of important work we infer from the demands of running apps and the apps the user interacts with).

Control power throttling system-wide, using the Power Slider
2-58f65002d7344.png

Introducing Power Throttling - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Wish Microsoft include brightness increase/decrease slider as it was used to have in win 8

sumitroy said:
Wish Microsoft include brightness increase/decrease slider as it was used to have in win 8

Oh, was it there in Win 8? I have never used Win 8, disliked Developer Preview so stayed with Win 7 till Win 10 came out.

I badly need this feature as always increasing/decreasing via monitor buttons not comfortable. :-/

Back
Top Bottom