Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views: Views 198,379
Can I use upgrade assistant to manually update or should I wait until PC manufacturer provide the update from Windows Update setting .?
Is Upgrade assistant safe to use ?
If you want to upgrade now, you can use the Update assistant. It's safe to use.

Will update assistant download full Windows of around 4-5 GB like media creation tool?
I don't use update assistant. But I think it will download the ESD file which is around 3.5GB.

I prefer using ISO file for upgrade. You can keep Windows 10 ISO file for reinstalling Windows or to upgrade other computer.
Use media creation tool to create ISO file (download size around 3.5GB). Once the ISO is created, right click on it and select Mount. Or, you can also extract ISO using WinRAR. Once the ISO is mounted or extracted, double click on setup.exe to begin the upgrade process.

MCT tool downloads ESD file which is 3.5GB approx. and then it creates the ISO. So, the ISO created by MCT tool is less than 4GB.
You can also download the ISO directly from Microsoft, but the download size is 4.9GB because it uses WIM file.

If you want to upgrade now, you can use the Update assistant. It's safe to use.
I used this option and restarted the system. After that , I got the update instantly. But problem I faced on my ASUS laptop, old excel file is not opening. Getting error as file extension is not correct or file got corrupted. Will check for some update to resolve this issue. Else thinking to downgrade to previous version.

updated using Update assistant tool
Data downloaded - 4 GB (approx)
downloading time -55 mint(airtel 4G)
Installation Time- 45Mint

yhkBQJp.png

aXF4PmM.png

2N7IEUT.png

qRGBAVe.png

Cortana is a dead project now. Wait for Amazon Alexa to come to Windows 10 :D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock