Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views Views: Views 201,514
Few days back Nvidia driver were creating a problem on my laptop, all desktop icons and taskbar disappears and laptop becomes unresponsive.

First i though it was due to some update but later figured out Nvidia was causing this issue. Even the drivers were creating problem to be reinstalled.

Facing a weird issues
After shutting down my laptop , power button stays on for 1.30minute and then it goes off. And in that time HDD button blinks also. But display off instantly
Just check the SMART status of HDD. Have you installed or run any program from HDD? Check your PC for malware.
Check your display driver. If recently updated try reverting it back to the previous version. Display drivers can cause sleep issues.
You can also see reliability monitor to check if you PC has any issues.

Recently I installed Windows 10 pro in my 10 years old desktop, and seeing this since the day 1. Display gets off within 7 seconds but whole system takes time to shutdown completely around 15 seconds after that.
That is normal. In Windows 10 or 8.1, if fast boot is enabled, when shutting down PC display will turn off first and then the system.
Have you ever used the hibernation feature in Windows 7. That will also do the exact same thing while putting your PC in hibernation mode. The display will turn off first and then the system will power off. Fast boot in Win 10 or 8.1 is actually hibernation, not a complete system shutdown.

@sumitroy bro,
I restored my PC to earlier date and everything goes fine. I noticed power LED turning off within 5 sec. Ran well for 2-3 minute .Then I noticed another issue ...

kYkdnRS.jpg

SoVsKxR.jpg

My PC not booting anymore

The display will turn off first and then the system will power off. Fast boot in Win 10 or 8.1 is actually hibernation, not a complete system shutdown.
Thank you so much. It's really helpful for me.. I use default BIOS settings. I have to discover more about hibernation, fast boot option in windows 10. Although I prefer default settings, don't like to customise my system unless it's really necessary..

Back
Top Bottom