Winamp Media Player

• Thread starter Napster
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 7,518

Napster

Reaction score
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.

Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.

Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.

Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.

You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.

winamp-shutdown.jpg

One of the most popular media players of all time, Winamp, will cease to be available come December 20, 2013.

AOL has announced that it is shutting down Winamp.com and its associated web services and that the Winamp media player will also no longer be available for download.

"Winamp.com and associated web services will no longer be available past December 20, 2013. Additionally, Winamp Media players will no longer be available for download. Please download the latest version before that date. See release notes for latest improvements to this last release. Thanks for supporting the Winamp community for over 15 years," said the note on the Winamp.com website.

winamp-screenie.jpg

Winamp and associated services to shut down on December 20 | NDTV Gadgets

A very good media player. I used this player even in my laptop till 2011 with vista. It has lot of features to make the songs awesome to listen especially in headphones.

RIP winamp...... :(

Now a days not used by many as OS itself has good media player inbuilt.

Yes I also remember olden days when we use this oftenly. But this sad news for Winamp users.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock