Discussion Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves amalgamation of the Jio Cinema OTT platform with Viacom 18 Media

• Thread starter Rd22
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 2,444
They should launch a new OTT by FIFA World Cup because I started watching SA20 auction in Voot the experience was very bad so now watching it live in Cricinfo. I seriously hope Voot launch a great new UI which is really good by the time World Cup starts otherwise I will seriously consider watching it on TV instead of streaming it

My observation is that, Voot will be merged with new app which will provide 360° content. Also, JioCinema will provide every content from new app except paid content like fresh episode, BB 24×7, Originals, Movies, etc. Initially IPL and movies under JioStudio will be available for free with ads on JioCinema. Later, Jio subscriber will be given special offers in IPL season bundled with data pack and add-ons.

there will be two main platforms and one standby
1. new OTT
2. Paramount plus

3. Jio Cinema

Probably Viacom18 studios might go for a name change ,in future it may merge with jio studios, as most of the studios content are distributed by viacom18.

jio cinema as a standalone is only for jio users. for others they can access it through new OTT.
voot kids will discontinue, and content will be shared between paramount plus and new OTT.

so new OTT will have all content linked with Viacom18.

And there wont be change in the name of viacom. RIL is looking to get the name use rights.

there will be two main platforms and one standby
1. new OTT
2. Paramount plus

3. Jio Cinema

Probably Viacom18 studios might go for a name change ,in future it may merge with jio studios, as most of the studios content are distributed by viacom18.

jio cinema as a standalone is only for jio users. for others they can access it through new OTT.
voot kids will discontinue, and content will be shared between paramount plus and new OTT.

so new OTT will have all content linked with Viacom18.

And there wont be change in the name of viacom. RIL is looking to get the name use rights.
I think New OTT name will be Jio+ to replace Jio Cinema and Paramount+ in it later.

Updated on Wikipedia
iXiBSQn.png

yf7aW60.png

According to a report, Viacom18 Media will launch a new streaming platform in association with Paramount+ that will stream the upcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2023.

in association ?

in association ?

The official information is that there will be a Jio Super app and Paramount+ will be hard-bundled with that app. Hard-bundle in definition means that there won't be any additional charges incurred for Paramount+, so what was written is appropriate only.

Ps. Don't simply reply with these ambiguous sentences. If you have something to add, please do it properly.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock