Why did Shah Rukh Khan get angry?

ssparikshya

Reaction score
All, it would seem, is fair in love and the game of cricket. When SRK and his merry posse of security guards literally wanted to have a field day after decisively trouncing the IPL Mumbai team on Wednesday night, he forgot that it wasn't quite cricket that he and his entourage were indulging in.

Shah Rukh Khan, we hear, was high and happy, and he refused to play ball when he was politely told by the stadium authorities that the victory celebration couldn't be taken to the grounds. That's when the pitch took an abusive turn, and the actor and his faithful band of bodyguards ,allegedly, hurled abuses and even got physical with the stadium personnel. Chances are that SRK may face a lifetime ban from entering the Wankhade Stadium premises, but will there be another major fallout too? Of two friends possibly turning foes?

Let's not forget, IPL Mumbai owner Nita Ambani and SRK have been good friends, and it was in April this year that Nita flew SRK to Yale University in her private aircraft. At Yale, where he addressed the students, SRK said, "We were detained at the airport as always. For one and a half hours. It was nice. It always happens when I come to America. Whenever I start feeling too arrogant about myself I take a trip to America." Time to visit America soon, SRK?

Will this on-a-strong-wicket friendship between Nita and SRK now take some beating because of how SRK's victory celebration panned out? Nita, for all we know, might be inclined to consider all this part of the game, or, maybe, she won't be game enough to excuse this, reportedly, obnoxious behaviour.

SRK, who's prone to losing his shirt a bit too often in the recent past, may want to know that being ballsy is not really about bats and balls. And that knights are known for their chivalry! Repeated attempts to get SRK to field our questions drew a blank.

Tweets @Actor_Siddharth: It's now clear that only 1 ipl team owner is allowed to jog along sidelines, bounce around the ground and pretty much do what 'she' wants!

@bhupendrachaube : Absolutely unacceptable behaviour by shahrukh khan, nothing can justify his manhandling of security guards, cricket is a party, enjoy it

@kamaalrkhan : Ajkal #SRK is super angry. Jahan dekho laat ghoose chalaa deta hai. You really rock khan sahab.

@mojorojo : WANKHEDE MEIN AAYA BHOOT, no wait that's just Shah Rukh Khan.

@ashwinmushran : Really....You are upset at SRK but not upset at the behaviour of our venerable health minister Shri Shri Shri #SureshShetty?

Reactions Prahlad Kakkar, ad guru When you give a bandar (read: security guard) a uniform and whistle in his hand, he behaves like a human being but without the charm, intelligence or sensitivity of a human being. He will always remain a bandar. You have to teach him manners. The match was over, the owner (SRK) of the winning team had arrived with kids as an outing and then some bandar tells him that if he doesn't have a pass, he can't enter! He was insulted in front of the kids. He's not just anybody, he's a star. Plus, the match was over and the prize distribution was on so he should have been treated properly. And, it's rubbish that Shah Rukh was drunk with kids around. His behaviour is impeccable. So if BCCI and any other cricket club are trying to defend the bandar, then I'm sorry, but they need a lesson in behaviour.

Shilpa Shetty, actress Please excuse me, I am pregnant and I really don't care who is fighting with whom.

Nikhil Dwivedi, actor Of what I know about Shah Rukh Khan, he never gets into a scuffle without a reason. And I just got to know about it, so I can't say anything about it at the moment.

Gaurav Kapoor, anchor I left immediately after the match, so I don't know what happened. And now I am boarding a flight right now, Sorry I can't comment on it.

TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock