Packet Drops - unstable network - Airtel broadband

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have Airtel broadband plan 499 for 50 Mbps in Pune

The internet is constantly choppy, and there is a huge lag, because of this the calls are flaky, and the browsing on Citrix is not smooth.

I called customer care and they suggested a password reset of my airtlet internet, which I found really funny .

I forced them to send some senior guy to my home to check on what was causing this issue, which also was not helpful, the technician sent first changed the DNS and said this would resolve the issue :LOL:

The second guy also did not know, he came called someone on the phone and asked me to observe for couple of days.

I still face the issue and there is no help, can you please suggest how to resolve this issue?

See ping results, showing lag in pings

nOxWgzl.png

L56NgoP.png

93w6RZx.png

Album — Postimages

I too had same issue with Airtel, for me, few apps will work and few won't work. like Youtube won't work , disney hotstar will work properly.
I tried multiple ways and 2-3 visits by airtel guy, none work it out and after that Airtel itself stopped sending technicians.
I moved to ACT 3 months period , airtel technician took the modem back and after 3 months again i took new connection in airtel and now it working properly

Check via lan and use pingplotter to check where the issue lies.

I too had same issue with Airtel, for me, few apps will work and few won't work. like Youtube won't work , disney hotstar will work properly.
I tried multiple ways and 2-3 visits by airtel guy, none work it out and after that Airtel itself stopped sending technicians.
I moved to ACT 3 months period , airtel technician took the modem back and after 3 months again i took new connection in airtel and now it working properly
What is ACT 3 please?

On pingplotter you will get to see exactly on which hop is this packet loss happening. Is it at your router level or beyond at lco or airtel.
If it’s beyond your router then try contacting airtel. If its one the first hop itself then your router is at fault.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock