Discussion Which OTT/streaming service have you subscribed to?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 64
  • Views: Views 6,313

Tnx

Majority of my time is spent on Netflix and for Sports on Sony Liv, Voot and Hotstar equally rest content slate from these 3 are also very much average for my viewing, there are few exceptions like Scam 1992, Shiddat, Rocket Boys, A Thursday, HBO and Marvel Shows/Movies etc.
Prime Video is going down for me in recent months, not much good originals which they used to have a time back.
Apple TV+ got from buying iPhone so would be valid for 3 months.
Zee5 and Discovery Plus I hardly watch once in 2 or 3 months.
I hope HBO Max doesn’t launches in India and teams up with Hotstar/Netflix/Prime because it would become difficult to keep all subscriptions at all times
Actually OTT subscriptions are not meant to be kept at all times. "Cancel any time" is one of the major selling points of an OTT service, especially those with only monthly plans.

Here in US, most OTT services have only monthly plans. I consider them as renting their library for one month. Whenever you want to watch an interesting series, you rent their entire library for one month. Watch the series and if you don't like it, try other series in the library. In that way, you have some protection. Consider renting only the series. If you don't like the series, you lost your money. (Yes, here we can rent series alone on iTunes, Google Play etc. The price would be around the same as the subscription cost of an OTT service).

Last edited:
Actually OTT subscriptions are not to meant be kept at all times. "Cancel any time" is one of the major selling points of an OTT service, especially those with only monthly plans.

Here in US, most OTT services have only monthly plans. I consider them as renting their library for one month. Whenever you want to watch an interesting series, you rent their entire library for one month. Watch the series and if you don't like it, try other series in the library. In that way, you have some protection. Consider renting only the series. If you don't like the series, you lost your money. (Yes, here we can rent series alone on iTunes, Google Play etc. The price would be around the same as the subscription cost of an OTT service).
That is only possible with a streaming service like Netflix at least in India and with the content they offer each Friday I don't wanna drop it, for remaining they have sports as a major part which is a regular watching exercise such as La Liga, Premier League, IPL etc etc so dropping Hotstar, Voot and Sony Liv also becomes difficult and their monthly plans get expensive so I feel better to invest in yearly plan, Amazon Prime again has Fast deliveries and Prime Videos so no point in opting for its monthly plans also :D

That is only possible with a streaming service like Netflix at least in India and with the content they offer each Friday I don't wanna drop it, for remaining they have sports as a major part which is a regular watching exercise such as La Liga, Premier League, IPL etc etc so dropping Hotstar, Voot and Sony Liv also becomes difficult and their monthly plans get expensive so I feel better to invest in yearly plan, Amazon Prime again has Fast deliveries and Prime Videos so no point in opting for its monthly plans also :D
Well to me, i don't need netflix or any other service with just series and movies every month of the year. I have time for TV on evenings and weekends. If there is anything interesting, I just take a subscription and cancel after one month.

For example, I took netflix this month because of an interesting series and i have cancelled it. Next month I am planning to take prime video for "Reacher" and "Bestseller". I may or may not take any more subscriptions this year. I hate prepaying for a whole year when I don't even know whether I will watch or not.

Well to me, i don't need netflix or any other service with just series and movies every month of the year. I have time for TV on evenings and weekends. If there is anything interesting, I just take a subscription and cancel after one month.

For example, I took netflix this month because of an interesting series and i have cancelled it. Next month I am planning to take prime video for "Reacher" and "Bestseller". I may or may not take any more subscriptions this year. I hate prepaying for a whole year when I don't even know whether I will watch or not.
Subscription cost is very cheap here. The amount you would be paying for a month. We would be paying around same amount for the whole year. So people prefer buying subscription on annual basis. Just giving an example.

Last edited:
Subscription cost is very cheap here. The amount who would be paying for a month. We would be paying around same amount for the whole year. So people prefer buying subscription on annual basis. Just giving an example.
It's not about converting dollars to rupees. Technically, $10 = Rs.700 but in terms of value, $10 to a middle-class American is Rs.200 to a middle-class Indian.

Meaning I wouldn't keep netflix every month even if it was Rs.200 here in USA.

Last edited:
Disney+ Hotstar Mobile and Super
Amazon Prime Video
Zee5
Discovery+
Hoichoi
Lionsgate Play
Sony Liv
Sony Liv (WWE Network)
YouTube Premium
JioCinema Premium

Fancode (Annual)
JioCinema Premium (Voot Select Promo Code)
Prime Video (Annual)
Tata Play Binge (Mega Plan, Monthly) - covers Aha, D+H Premium, Lionsgate Play, Sony Liv, Sun Nxt, Zee5 etc.
Youtube Premium (Family Membership, Monthly)

Fancode (Annual)
JioCinema Premium (Voot Select Promo Code)
Prime Video (Annual)
Tata Play Binge (Mega Plan, Monthly) - covers Aha, D+H Premium, Lionsgate Play, Sony Liv, Sun Nxt, Zee5 etc.
Youtube Premium (Family Membership, Monthly)
Question about tata play binge :

Are you able to use those subscriptions in individual apps? Like logging in separate sonyliv app?
Does aha, zee5 plays in 4K?

From Jio Box:
Disney plus hotstar
Zee5
Sony Liv
Hoichoi
Discovery+
Epic on
Docubay
Lionsgateplay*
Jiocinema(freemium)
Universal+*
Voot
Vootkids
Sun Nxt
Eros Now*
ALT balaji*
ShemarooMe*
*from Jio tv+. Cant acess these app separately

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock