Discussion Which OTT platform is bigger voot or hotstar in terms of monthly active users?

What surprises me is the fact that zee5 is way behind, despite strong regional presence and plethora of original content

No. When one is presented numbers : when some one shows you comparison
Look for what's not there : look what data is missing.
In this case hotstar's billion minutes of watch time : voot has compared about watch time of its against Sony liv and zee5 but not with hotstar.

I don't see anywhere him telling voot data is fake. He is telling show the full data of watch time he hasn't talked about MAU.
And also voot has never said it's no.1 in watch time
Can u please explain this?

Ok leave just give me answer according to this article hotstar maus are 75mn at end of 2017 nd then during 2018 their maus doubled to 150mn (check article in #14) so they are doubling maus every year that too in non cricket months so suddenly their maus reduced to 70mn whereas their maus doubled during ipl (300mn) this year only
Disney already has a booming streaming service. It's called Hotstar

Image-1574833074.jpg

Voot is not lying at all. When the reader's eye first catches the graph, what does he see? Voot > Zee5 + SonyLIV. If Hotstar (> Voot) is shown, that defeats the purpose of Voot's bragging about its statistics.

What surprises me is the fact that zee5 is way behind, despite strong regional presence and plethora of original content
Regional audience have no clue what Zee5 is. Jio TV has cater them since beginning. Hence they didn't move on.

Voot is not lying at all. When the reader's eye first catches the graph, what does he see? Voot > Zee5 + SonyLIV. If Hotstar (> Voot) is shown, that defeats the purpose of Voot's bragging about its statistics.
But how come suddenly hotstar's maus reduced to 70mn(pre2017) whereas in same time period in 2017-2018 their maus doubledfrom 75mn to 150mn & even after beating youtube(during ipl) this year

Last edited:
Google Play numbers can be manipulated (i know this as an android developer). How is the app at #1 even stand there?
Off topic : Remember how flappy bird developer somehow top the charts?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock