Discussion Which OTT platform is bigger voot or hotstar in terms of monthly active users?

I think the tweet is clearly talking about 1st graph and not second
This itself shows reliabilty of voot's claim to be no.1
Plus can u please elaborate how hotstar's monthly active users reduce from 150mn to less than 80mn during non cricket months of year specially dec 2018 to dec 2019....
Whereas their no.of MAU's drastically increased from 2018 ipl to 2019 ipl....every news article about ott platforms claims hotstar is way ahead than its rivals both in terms of subscription nd MAUs

VOOT garners 7.5 billion minutes of watch time in October

Voot is undisputed no.1 in platform engagement .
If these articles are also wrong where is real information
This are recent articles but there are 100s of articles who claims hotstar is way ahead than its rival....this are recent after voot claims to be no.1 but what abt this article here they are coearly saying hotstar maus during 2018 but acc to voot claim hotstar maus sudenly reduced to less than 80mn whereas hotstar maus increased to 300mn during ipl
With 150 Mn MAU, Hotstar challenges Google-FB duopoly in advertising

This are recent articles but there are 100s of articles who claims hotstar is way ahead than its rival....this are recent after voot claims to be no.1 but what abt this article here they are coearly saying hotstar maus during 2018 but acc to voot claim hotstar maus sudenly reduced to less than 80mn whereas hotstar maus increased to 300mn during ipl
With 150 Mn MAU, Hotstar challenges Google-FB duopoly in advertising
Bro you are not understanding. I am asking where they have said voot claims are fake. I don't see in tweet
He has tweeted about missing digits of hotstar in watch time. But showing them in MAU .
He says that hotstar is way ahead of its rivals in watch time.
Even voot has never said we are no.1 in watch time. So where is the problem coming
I don't see him saying MAU graph as fake or wrong.

Last edited:
Bro you are not understanding. I am asking where they have said voot claims are fake. I don't see in tweet
Then what is meaning of "
When one is presented numbers, look for what’s not there. Like, in this case, ⁦Hotstar’s billion minutes of watch time." They are indirectly saying voot is lying here.....
Ok leave just give me answer according to this article hotstar maus are 75mn at end of 2017 nd then during 2018 their maus doubled to 150mn (check article in #14) so they are doubling maus every year that too in non cricket months so suddenly their maus reduced to 70mn whereas their maus doubled during ipl (300mn) this year only
Disney already has a booming streaming service. It's called Hotstar

Image-1574833074.jpg

Last edited:
Google Play says it otherwise. I don't know if this matters

These days many users are active due to Bigg Boss. It's TV Broadcast timing is very bad (10:30pm) , due to which most people watch on Voot. That's one the reason why the Weekend ka Vaar episodes gets more ratings, as it has better timing (9:00pm).
Even I installed Voot after 3 Years. 😂

Then what is meaning of "
When one is presented numbers, look for what’s not there. Like, in this case, ⁦Hotstar’s billion minutes of watch time." They are indirectly saying voot is lying here.....

No. When one is presented numbers : when some one shows you comparison
Look for what's not there : look what data is missing.
In this case hotstar's billion minutes of watch time : voot has compared about watch time of its against Sony liv and zee5 but not with hotstar.

I don't see anywhere him telling voot data is fake. He is telling show the full data of watch time he hasn't talked about MAU.
And also voot has never said it's no.1 in watch time

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock