Which is the Best Anti-virus software ?

Which is the Best Anti-virus software ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatkarthik

Reaction score
Dear friends, this thread might be useful for all DDF friends as we discuss also about the above mentioned subject.

Let us start.

Which one is best in free version ?
In terms of licenced version, which one is best ?
In terms of amount wise also, you can quote.

Which one has best in-built anti spywre and ad-aware included ?

poll option added .
please use that also.

Thank you.

Voted for AVG antivirus....
As I have been using this antivirus since years, I am very much confident with this product.
Also new summer update 2012 of this antivirus includes
  • Full Antivirus with regular online update. No limit on update.
  • Link scanner for avoiding web attack.
  • Anti-rootkit to detect rootkits hidden in operating system.
  • E-mail protections
  • Speedtest also included.
  • Available for mobile also.

i am 100% agree with mystic, as i am using the same AVG antivirus and it is been really very very best antivirus for me.

My choice is KASPERSKY. And Greatkarthik bro, how did u miss McAfee in the Poll list. Pls add it to the list.

I have used AVG, Avira and Avast as free versions, NOD32 as licensed version and McAfee as OEM version with my Dell Inspiron. Finally now I am using Kaspersky Licensed version. In my experience, I would say Kaspersky is the best. It also gives useful plugins like Kaspersky URL advisor, Kaspersky Virtual keyboard and Kaspersky Anti Banner for browsers.

Apart from the excellent software they also provide good Technical Support. We can directly contact the Virus lab (check last image) for any issues and get it sorted out. I would like to share a experience with them.

I use a software called Azhagi+, a freeware which helps me to type in Tamil on my system. Kaspersky was identifying this software as a malware and keep alerting me. I was sure that the software was safe. So, i contacted the Virus lab and informed this. They asked me to email the software installation files, which i did. They replied me that the software is safe and that they have added it to their database and will be sending out a update for this. As said, they sent a update th next day and after that, the issue was resolved. It was nice to see that they listened to a customer's call and updated their database. Not sure how many will do this.

Here are some snaps of Kaspersky explaining the features.

Mostly antivirus companies provides customer support only with paid version :wall

kaspersky is my choice, as i had used before. Now i turned to avast

I think Quickheal is best.

Please include it in poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock