Good News WhatsApp rolling out Fingerprint Lock for Stable users now

This was available more than 2 months back itself...
BTW a user can lock WhatsApp enabling app lock using fingerprint ...AFAK a finger print lock can't be set in a phone which doesn't have fingerprint unlock function...

Off topic
I am using SBI Investtap for investment
SBI using fingerprint login.
That means we can use our finger print to log in to the app.

Off topic
I am using SBI Investtap for investment
SBI using fingerprint login.
That means we can use our finger print to log in to the app.
Yes u can...
Untill last update i was getting fingerprint l9gin in ksrnataka bank mobile plus app...after the update its not visible now...maybe finger print unlock or login is not fully secured...

For stable version finally
IMG-20191106-WA0007.jpg

My opinion
Useless feature Rolled out by WhatsApp.
•Cant be used on phones not having finger print sensor.
•owner of phones having Finger Print Sensor, are already using this feature not only on whatsapp but also on any app that they want. (I am using this feature from the day i purchased Finger print enabled phone)

So, Why we would provide our Finger print details to WhatsApp for no reason.

My opinion
Useless feature Rolled out by WhatsApp.
•Cant be used on phones not having finger print sensor.
•owner of phones having Finger Print Sensor, are already using this feature not only on whatsapp but also on any app that they want. (I am using this feature from the day i purchased Finger print enabled phone)

It's a useful feature.
Instead of providing our fingerprint details to some third party app, it's better to provide it to the app that we need to lock, in this case WhatsApp.

Whatsapp using Our Already saved Finger print image to unlock whatsapp.
Then I can use our Miui Inbuilt app locking feature using that finger print or even face unlock or pattern unlock also

Au4Q9Lw.png

HI5one6.png

Last edited:
Instead of providing our fingerprint details to some third party app, it's better to provide it to the app that we need to lock, in this case WhatsApp.
In Android, no app can access details of your fingerprint. Once you enroll a fingerprint into your device, it gets locked down within the system. Apps are given an interface, with which the system (and not the app) reads for the fingerprint, and depending on the fingerprint read status, that status is passed on to the apps which then do their action based on success/failure..

People often are scared to use fp with third party apps because of reasons like yours (highlighted in bold) but rest assured, Android's BiometricPrompt API is really secure, so much that even after you root your phone, you cannot access details of your fingerprint because it is heavily encrypted..

(I am using this feature from the day i purchased Finger print enabled phone)
That's because your phone provides that option (MIUI/Color OS etc...). Again all it does is use an instance of the BiometricPrompt API provided by Android. Nothing else...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock