Android Nougat OTA starts rolling out for Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus users in India

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Few months ago, some Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus users in Brazil had recieved the Android Nougat update, unfortunately it was later found out that it was just a soak test and that the update had not been officially released. Motorola India had also clarified on Twitter that it had not released the update yet, and when it would, users will be notified regarding the same. And now, keeping its promise of releasing the update by Q4 2016, some Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus users in India have begun to receive the update.

As per a report by Android Police , a Moto G series owner received a notification for OTA, who also confirmed with Motorola’s live chat to ensure it was an actual update and not a soak test. The customer representative from Motorola confirmed that it was an official rollout, which was being released batch wise. Therefore, as of now, the update is rolling out for just a small number of Moto G4 and G4 Plus users, however, once it starts rolling out, naturally it would soon reach all users in the series.

The Android 7.0 Nougat brings in improvements to the user experience with new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver and battery features. Some of the most prominent upgrades are the on-the-go Doze mode, split screen, quick app switch and direct reply feature, among others. Motorola warns users that they can not downgrade to a previous software version after installing the latest update.

In order to install the update, the first thing a user must ensure that their smartphone’s battery is at least 50 percent charged and is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Now, when a user receives a notification message for this update, follow these simple steps. Naturally, selected “Yes, I’m in”, when you are tap to run an update. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now.” Once that done, the smartphone will re-start automatically, and turn on to the updated version.

In case of users who have not received a notification message for this update, they can manually update their smartphone. Go to Settings in the apps menu, select About phone, scroll down to find System updates. Tap on that, and select ‘Yes, I’m in’. And then the process is the same as above. Download, install, the phone will restart, and the update is done.

Additionally, with the new Android iteration, there are some new features that Lenovo-owned Motorola has brought in exclusively for the Moto users. Specific to the Moto smartphones is the new Moto action, a new feature addition to the fingerprint sensor of the Moto G4 Plus. The Moto action feature allows a user to swipe to shrink the screen. And the Moto G4 Plus fingerprint sensor feature update is a new setting to disable and enable locking the screen when the screen is on and a user touches the fingerprint sensor.

Android Nougat OTA starts rolling out for Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus users in India

Finally Lenovo started rolling out :eek:hya

Bro After Acquisition By Lenovo Any Brand Value Is Decrease Or increase In Motorola Any Idea My Say Means We Buy Moto withOut Any Hassel What you Say

MAYUR SHAH said:
Bro After Acquisition By Lenovo Any Brand Value Is Decrease Or increase In Motorola Any Idea My Say Means We Buy Moto withOut Any Hassel What you Say

MSK786 said:
Yes its increasing i think as they launched today Moto M Good-News-Moto-M-launched-in-india-15999INR :)

Dont expect to get updates in moto m, though. In moto m, lenovo replaced the stock android of motorola with their ugly vibe ui!!!

Tha.RP8 said:
Dont expect to get updates in moto m, though. In moto m, lenovo replaced the stock android of motorola with their ugly vibe ui!!!

Lots of people like me hates stock android as it lacks many useful features or google add features which OEM implemented long back  :dodgy

Sarkar said:
Lots of people like me hates stock android as it lacks many useful features or google add features which OEM implemented long back  :dodgy

Agree, I also like oem ui like zenui, miui, cm etc. But vibe ui is not of that standard..

Tha.RP8 said:
Please provide a source for this info.

ilikered bro, did you get Nougat update on Moto G4 Plus? I am still on Marshmallow... I think rolling out in a phased manner.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock