What phone for me???

• Thread starter nsas02
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 2,953

nsas02

Solutions
Reaction score
I've been using Oneplus 5 for 3 years. It is in top condition and working fine on Android 10.
Sometimes i feel that the phone has become slow. I was looking at alternatives.
I'm used to using phone of this size. So 5.5 Inches screen size is a must with no notch or waterdrop on top.
I initially thought of buying in Amazon sales but couldn't round on a device for me.
Any help appreciated...
Note: No Iphone pls.

Solution
Ordered Pixel 4A today :) Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Appreciate it!

N2oTS9L.png

Moving out of OnePlus after 6+ years. Hope I get a similar trouble-free experience.
Redmi is planning to launch a compact phone soon. But then again, expect a Punch-Hole or Notch.
Is it only me, expecting a compact clean phone, unhappy with what the market offers, don't want to buy the small iPhone? Or, are there people like me? :sad:

Curious to know why the punch-hole or notch is a deal breaker. (Btw, I use a Samsung Note 4 so you know that I have no clue about them)

I'm used to using phone of this size. So 5.5 Inches screen size is a must with no notch or waterdrop on top.
5.5" of 2017 = 5.8-6.1 inches of 2020. If you put your OnePlus 5 against the Pixel 4a, the Pixel 4a will be the smaller phone in dimensions, because OnePlus 5 is 154*77mm whereas Pixel 4a is 144*69.5mm.

In today's market you won't find any phone without notch/punch hole cameras.

I've someone who has always hated notches, but when I upgraded to my current phone, OnePlus 7T, it's notch didn't interfere with the overall usability of the status bar, like the iPhone does.. Waterdrop notches won't be a problem.

With punch holes though, it depends on how the OEM has optimised the status bar around the camera. Some like Poco X3 suck at that, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is good, can't say about others..

In today's market you won't find any phone without notch/punch hole cameras.
Agreed !
when I upgraded to my current phone, OnePlus 7T, it's notch didn't interfere with the overall usability
This is what I was(am) scared about. Since I couldn't find a fitting phone I'm even starting to think that change is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm trying to set my mind to find a good one in market hoping the size and notch/water drop won't spoil the usability :)

hoping the size and notch/water drop won't spoil the usability
At least for my 7T, the notch didn't spoil any usability, but the size did. I would have loved a slightly smaller phone.

Galaxy S20 could be a good fit for you, maybe even S20+, or even the Pixel 4a.. Can't think of other smaller phones..

At least for my 7T, the notch didn't spoil any usability, but the size did. I would have loved a slightly smaller phone.

Galaxy S20 could be a good fit for you, maybe even S20+, or even the Pixel 4a.. Can't think of other smaller phones..
I was eyeing on Pixel 4a, will definitely take a look at Galaxy also. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing but i've been using Android as long as I remember. I'm so much hesitant to move to iOS now :sad:
Yep, I knew (from your first post of this thread). I was just spitballing there. Throwing this in the mix too. For future considerations.

As far as IOS goes, even I am in the same boat. I too am still an Android user. And very reluctant to switch to IOS. Mostly due to the vastness of the Google Play Store. Also because I am so used to Android and its extremely customizable intricacies.

Even though Apple products are criminally overpriced, I guess people are going for it due to their devices' absolute sturdiness, genuine sophistication and the undeniable security and privacy (in comparison with Android). They are an American company after all, and therefore offer robust privacy and security features, as opposed to the Chinese/Korean Android devices that are more susceptible to pressure from 'Google The Android Owner', and as well from other app developers.

Personally, I am planning to switch to Apple too. But not in the immediate future. May be after 5G networks become a reality in India. Not just a reality, but once they become as steady as 4G/LTE+ networks are today. So, may be in another 4 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock