Westwood left disappointed

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,260

BaLaG

Reaction score
Lee Westwood says he's disappointed that another chance to win a major slipped away in the USPGA Championship in Atlanta on Sunday.

The 38-year-old world number two finished joint eighth in Atlanta and has now failed to top the final standings in 55 attempts to win a big one.

As he headed off to a 10-day holiday in Barbados - his next event is the European Masters in Switzerland from September 1 to 4 - he said: "I have enjoyed playing great for a long time now.

"But unfortunately when I turn up to majors and don't win one it's a disappointing week for everybody it seems - and obviously for me. That's the sort of level of golf I'm playing at."

The Swiss event, which will also have Rory McIlroy - arm injury permitting - in the field, is the start of Ryder Cup qualifying and there will be more competition than ever it seems. Dane Anders Hansen was third at the PGA, Swede Robert Karlsson joint fourth. There are two more names to throw into the mix.

Read more....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock