Article Vodafone to discontinue 3G services in Bengaluru and Chennai on 27th August: Report

OnlyTech

OnlyTech bot
Reaction score
Vodafone-3G.jpg

Vodafone Idea which is rapidly consolidating its network presence across the country by de-duplication of tower tenancies for its two brands is now reportedly on the verge of shutting down its 3G network in the South Indian...

This thread is for the general discussion of the article: Vodafone to discontinue 3G services in Bengaluru and Chennai on 27th August: Report. Please add to the discussion here.

This thread is open for discussion

It should have shutdown 2G and become 3G and 4G only operator.
That's not possible, a large chunk of the user base of Vodafone Idea and Airtel are on 2G network. 3G has become obsolete coz the ones who want a high speed data network have moved up to 4G and the ones who wanted a basic voice network are stuck on 2G.
so 3G in between is just a waste of spectrum with suboptimal utilisation. Which is why it's best to shutdown 3G and use that liberalised spectrum for 4G.
The 2G user base will directly upgrade to 4G by skipping 3G, provided they get affordable smartphones which will be possible with the Jio Google tie up, bringing subsidised entry level Android phones which might be carrier locked.

Hi Sako, Welcome to OnlyTech. Please have a look at our rules and post accordingly in future..

Request to everyone, not to just post links as threads or replies, unless we are explicitly sharing a link.

Please add some content. Atleast a synopsis of the news. Sharing couple of important points from the article would add value to the threads/replies.

People visit forums to get information. Links are available in Google search. I won't visit a forum to get that. By posting just links we are only helping the other site but not ours. The reader immediately bounce out of OTF by clicking the link, if there's nothing to read.

Although I have very little hope in VoId, I want them to survive. With 15MHz of Band1 in TN, speed may increase in TN, especially if they bring CA with Band3. But not much for KA, as they have totally just 5MHz of Band1 there. But they are even slower than a dead snail, in merging their (Voda and Idea) networks. I am still getting 5MHz Band3 in my TN Idea Sim.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock