Discussion Vodafone might exit India

I think they have exploited what could be yet another loophole in our system. Now their bank gurantee cannot be revoked in absence of they not submitting their AGR dues in stipulated time.

What is today's verdict please share in your previous reply!
Supreme Court not allowed any self assessed AGR dues by Telcos for further litigation and should abide with their Judgement on 24-Oct-2019.

The truth is that government has to intervene somehow. Airtel too has significant amount to pay still and would require fresh funding round in such tight economy. I was quite surprised to see SG make a passionate pitch for the operators but the court and it's judges are going far beyond their judicial reach.

Government should now legislate to override the court. This is very precarious even for Airtel at that point and ridiculous from standpoint for court who has no time to sentence rapists, murderers and other hard core criminals but time to ruin sector and destroy thousand of lives.

SG make a passionate pitch for the operators
The great tragedy of India - The Solicitor General representing the Government makes a pitch for the operators but theres no one to show 1% of that passion on behalf of the farmers to help them when they default loans. Try figuring how many suicides the farming sector has had and how many the the telecom sector has.

Please do not misinterpret it as Farming vs Telecom. Just saying similar or more such help should happen to the farmers. And it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock