Vi (Vodafone Idea) Pack prices to be hiked w.e.f 25th November 2021

Im thinking of the state of Vi if Jio doesn't increase the prices or increases very minimal. The loss for Vi will be huge...

Meanwhile what I understood is so pack validity for data & service validity for calls ?? Am i right if not sorry pls correct me once again
Not exactly. Service Validity means the ability to "use" your number for any outgoing activity (like Calls, SMS, Data). Pack Validity Means the validity of that pack benefits.
Let me give you an example.

Lets say you recharge with Vi Rs 539 pack. It gives 6GB total data, Unlimited Calls and 56 days Service Validity.
So you can use this 6GB data and Unlimited Calls for 56 days. Lets say if you activate this today (26-Nov-2021), then Service Validity will be till 20-Jan-2022.

Now lets say on 50th day (14-Jan-2022), you exhaust your data so you do a Rs 58 recharge (3GB Data, 28 days Pack validity till 16-Feb-2022). So you will get 3GB data. But since this Rs 58 pack has "no service validity", it means that your existing service validity will hold even for this pack (i.e. only till 20-Jan-2022). After this date, although the pack is in your account, you will not be able to use it (unless you recharge with another pack which gives Service Validity.

The reason telcos mention Pack Validity of 28 days is, suppose you dont recharge after 20-Jan-2022, then the Rs 58 pack will be available (but cannot use) in ur account till 28 days (i.e. till 16-Feb-2022). After that, it will expire, as in it will be lost.

Note: The same is valid for Airtel as well, but Airtel has made it simpler by just making Pack Validity = 0 days for data topups - it will stay only till service validity. So in the above example, the 3GB data pack of airtel would have expired by 14-Jan-2022 if you didnt recharge again with another pack that had Service Validity.

Extremely confusing, but yeah - thats what our telcos are up to these days.

Not exactly. Service Validity means the ability to "use" your number for any outgoing activity (like Calls, SMS, Data). Pack Validity Means the validity of that pack benefits.

Lets say you recharge with Vi Rs 539 pack. It gives 6GB total data, Unlimited Calls and 56 days Service Validity.
So you can use this 6GB data and Unlimited Calls for 56 days. Lets say if you activate this today (26-Nov-2021), then Service Validity will be till 20-Jan-2022.

Now lets say on 50th day (14-Jan-2022), you exhaust your data so you do a Rs 58 recharge (3GB Data, 28 days Pack validity till 16-Feb-2022). So you will get 3GB data. But since this Rs 58 pack has "no service validity", it means that your existing service validity will hold even for this pack (i.e. only till 20-Jan-2022). After this date, although the pack is in your account, you will not be able to use it (unless you recharge with another pack which gives Service Validity.

The reason telcos mention Pack Validity of 28 days is, suppose you dont recharge after 20-Jan-2022, then the Rs 58 pack will be available (but cannot use) in ur account till 28 days (i.e. till 16-Feb-2022). After that, it will expire, as in it will be lost.

Note: The same is valid for Airtel as well, but Airtel has made it simpler by just making Pack Validity = 0 days for data topups - it will stay only till service validity. So in the above example, the 3GB data pack of airtel would have expired by 14-Jan-2022 if you didnt recharge again with another pack that had Service Validity.

Perfect thanks bro now I understood 😎👍

Im thinking of the state of Vi if Jio doesn't increase the prices or increases very minimal. The loss for Vi will be huge...
Airtel too digging their own grave if Jio hike it's pack price by 50 or <50 then

Coffin Dancing GIF

Airtel too digging their own grave if Jio hike it's pack price by 50 or <50 then

Coffin Dancing GIF
Airtel might even survive as they have been very aggressive in network upgrade, pan India volte & vowifi however VI doesn't have either of these, bad network, no volte or vowifi.

VI should have taken some customers from Airtel before jumping for this hike.

These all mentioned parameters applicable for Jio too?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock