Sad News Truecaller might have a Data Breach

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 3,129
Truecaller had always been a shabby app. Not surprised at all. The way it works by scanning all the contacts is already a breach in itself!

I never trusted it. At time of installation that app takes a lot of permissions, by default it shows call details after every call to make money advertising. That's why I have manually turned off all unnecessary permissions and features, also never added my email address or photo. But my Number is Leaked :ouch:

I have no idea what they do with location, storage or microphone permission.

RV6ruMX.png

I never installed this App. But that doesnt matter. Others who have my number and have installed this app, have already given my number to Truecaller, something that I didnt want to happen. But cannot be controlled.

A masterstroke of an idea by the creator. And yeah, we really cant control who all have our number- we provide to many people on need basis, lets say just acquaintances. If they install this app, then we're done.

OMG, they also have UPI based payments called TrueCaller Pay, this company should be blacklisted by RBI after this.

Last edited:
I never installed this App. But that doesnt matter. Others who have my number and have installed this app, have already given my number to Truecaller, something that I didnt want to happen. But cannot be controlled.

A masterstroke of an idea by the creator. And yeah, we really cant control who all have our number- we provide to many people on need basis, lets say just acquaintances. If they install this app, then we're done.
However you can control the damage to an extent by not installing this app so limited things would be shared.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock