Sad News Truecaller might have a Data Breach

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 3,130
Be it truecaller or some other apps, privacy has been kicked off from ones life. Data captures what ones watches, orders, eats, uses etc. General ppl dont even think twice to handover their mobile numbers to some strangers at the malls etc. So in short be alert when you are part of this technology.

such big companies don't know how to protect their data... or they have some mutual benefit?

No use now bro. Its too late. Data has been leaked and listed publicly already as the article states. It will be sold to various telemarketers too undoubtedly.
Its very bad bro ☹️☹️
I installed it just 1 month ago to know about a unknown number then i thought that it is useful to know about unknown numbers so didn't uninstalled it. That was my mistake ☹️

If you have used TrueCaller before then Deactivation is required before Unlisting your Number.

To deactivate open TrueCaller app, go to settings, go to privacy, click Deactivate.

Data from caller identity app Truecaller, including names, phone numbers and email addresses of users worldwide, is available for sale on private internet fora, according to a cybersecurity analyst who monitors such transactions.

Data of Indian users, who make up 60-70% of Truecaller’s global user base of nearly 140 million, is being sold for about Rs 1.5 lakh (€2,000) on the so-called dark web, the person said. Data of global users is priced as high as €25,000.

Real threat: Truecaller data available for sale

I never trusted it. At time of installation that app takes a lot of permissions, by default it shows call details after every call to make money advertising. That's why I have manually turned off all unnecessary permissions and features, also never added my email address or photo. But my Number is Leaked :ouch:

I have no idea what they do with location, storage or microphone permission.

RV6ruMX.png

They need microphone permission to record the sound signature so that they can built a profile about you and which shows you like and is playing on tv.

Check hotstar privacy they clearly stated this so that they can improve your hotstar recommendation.

They need microphone permission to record the sound signature so that they can built a profile about you and which shows you like and is playing on tv.

Check hotstar privacy they clearly stated this so that they can improve your hotstar recommendation.
What's the connection between TrueCaller and TV shows?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock