Good News Trai cuts mobile number port out charges by 79% to Rs 4

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Telecom regulator Trai today slashed the charges for mobile number portability by almost 79 per cent to a maximum of Rs 4.

The prescribed ceiling for mobile number portability rates was Rs 19, so far.

Trai's latest move means that subscribers cannot be charged more than Rs 4 for their network port out requests but the recipient operators are "free to charge" a lesser amount from them for Mobile Number Portability (MNP).

Trai cuts mobile number port out charges by 79% to Rs 4

already its free. nobody is asking cash..
not even BSNL
But some shopkeepers asking 50-100 rs for MNP sim. Bsnl didn't charged me when I did Mnp. But recently I'm ported to Idea from Idea store & he asked me 10 rs for that.

Retailers will charge you sure. As per trai regulations they cannot ask more than 19 rs before. But 90% people didn't know that.

Last December i ported my mom's Reliance no to airtel from airtel store they told they are not charging port fee but you have to recharge minimum 179 plane from here.:(

I ported two of my reliance gsm numbers in Vodafone and Airtel in December Free off cost!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock