Took ACT broadband connection in Banglore

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 15,730
Even I moved to ACT 2 months back as cherrinet had huge downtime then as some upgradation was going on.

ACT took nearly 3 to 5 days to activate my connection. but installation was very quick as it was a RJ45 cable from my neighbors house . After first bill cycle internet dint work for a week as my neighbor moved to another place and junction box was removed without any notice.

Then for an existing connection I deposited Rs.2200 for the Gx box as you see in the picture.

kcjJuzU.jpg

Oh..I paid only 3750, ie 3 months rent for my connection and got a modem free. The fibre came to my doorstep. They didn't ask me any deposit and as said, activation was lightning fast.

My first choice, Airtel didn't even call me till this time. Feels like that was a wise decision not to opt for Airtel as sales experience itself is not up to the mark, how would the service support be.

Last edited:
Using Airtel more than a year never faced any issues! - but installation takes time at least two - three days

Oh..I paid only 3750, ie 3 months rent for my connection and got a modem free. The fibre came to my doorstep. They didn't ask me any deposit and as said, activation was lightning fast.

My first choice, Airtel didn't even call me till this time. Feels like that was a wise decision not to opt for Airtel as sales experience itself is not up to the mark, how would the service support be.

But for you, I think they have installed a junction box with a battery backup from there they can take multiple connection for your neighbors if needed. For the same you will have to provide electricity and Rs.45 discount would be provide. I was given this option and I declined as there can be upto 8 connection in the future and I dont want wires hanging around.

Mine is a gx box which is similar to ONT. In my case it is dedicated to me only.

But for you, I think they have installed a junction box with a battery backup from there they can take multiple connection for your neighbors if needed. For the same you will have to provide electricity and Rs.45 discount would be provide. I was given this option and I declined as there can be upto 8 connection in the future and I dont want wires hanging around.

Mine is a gx box which is similar to ONT. In my case it is dedicated to me only.
Mine may be dedicated as my house owner told any connection to that building is fine, in case of external connection he will cut the wires :cool: and act employees were having pale face;

Congratulations @venky bro. ACT is dream ISP for those who do not have it in their area. Unfortunately they cover mostly South Indian areas.

I also equally find Jio to be problematic but recently Jio GigaFiber works going on in my locality and i am looking forward to try them once they come to my society. My current ISP is through LCO and he is very attentive and hardly get any major downtimes. But cost and low speed are an issue existing for so long. I also do not get good pings. Jio Fiber can eliminate them all so i am willing to try them once become available which will be anytime soon.

I was having Airtel and ACT both at time. Nothing can reliability of Airtel though speed is not much due to old infrastructure.

ACT speed was perfect but use to go down every now and then however biggest pita was their customer support.
How can a Helpline say all route to this no are busy? Never ever received a reply to email.
Downtime of more than 15days. Still owe me Rs.200 acc to them. Rs.800 acc to me(including downtime). Never ever replied to my email.
Plus their executive recently called me to collect their router given at time of installation when I never got one from them. Hopeless.

Since I have ONT fitted, could access the internet during a power outage (I don't have any power backup). Yesterday I used it for almost 40 mins. Waiting for Jio Fiber reaching my area and then ACT may undergo some more upgrades.

Congratulations @venky bro. ACT is dream ISP for those who do not have it in their area. Unfortunately they cover mostly South Indian areas.
They are still not into Kerala and don't believe they will come as it is not wise on investing in a new circle when a giant like Jio is coming.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock