Thinking about purchasing a 5G phone

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing a 5G phone. After much articles, videos came down to two options -Samsung Galaxy S21 FE or iPhone 12.

iPhone 12 because didn't find any worthy upgrades in latest models. Seeing Apple software up close, tempted me towards getting it but biggest issue as far I can tell is their battery which will keep affecting daily activities specially for heavy users like me.

While Samsung S21 FE price cut made it a very good deal and it's One UI + promised future updates are excellent in Android category. Since I am very familiar with Android, I know that I won't be needing higher variants of S-series.

Thinking about purchasing a 5G phone. After much articles, videos came down to two options -Samsung Galaxy S21 FE or iPhone 12.

iPhone 12 because didn't find any worthy upgrades in latest models. Seeing Apple software up close, tempted me towards getting it but biggest issue as far I can tell is their battery which will keep affecting daily activities specially for heavy users like me.

While Samsung S21 FE price cut made it a very good deal and it's One UI + promised future updates are excellent in Android category. Since I am very familiar with Android, I know that I won't be needing higher variants of S-series.
Any suggestions @Bapun Raz, @Siva, @Anish Pai bros

I am not some phone expert. So I can't recommend you either phone. Coming from my siblings who switched to iOS from Android. Always hated it! So before making an expensive investment. I would suggest you to find someone with an iPhone and exploring the OS. The only advantage I see were the cameras of iPhone. Even Android nowadays offers similar or even better cameras than iPhones does.

Both these are great phones. It comes down to the OS that you are comfortable with. If you are invested in Apple ecosystem such as Apple TV, Mac and their other accessories like AirPods, iPhone is a no-brainer. However, if you are just buying the phone, then you must like the OS to enjoy an iPhone. I personally have been an iOS user since almost 6 years now, and I don't plan on switching back to Android. But everyone may not be as comfortable with the iOS. If you prefer DOING things that don't come out of the box in the phone OS, then iOS is absolutely not for you. You will be heavily restricted by what's DELIVERED. But if you just want to enjoy the experience as it is, then iOS all the way. And as you know, with Android such limitations are not there.

I read your comment about the battery life, and I don't have such issues with the iPhone 12 battery. I'm a very heavy user of my smartphone and I could still get through the day easily with night's charging, unless I play games for too long in the middle of the day. This is the current scenario. It was even better, when my battery health was >95%, however, it's been more than 2 years since I bought the phone and the battery health is now just 86%.

Both these are great phones. It comes down to the OS that you are comfortable with. If you are invested in Apple ecosystem such as Apple TV, Mac and their other accessories like AirPods, iPhone is a no-brainer. However, if you are just buying the phone, then you must like the OS to enjoy an iPhone. I personally have been an iOS user since almost 6 years now, and I don't plan on switching back to Android. But everyone may not be as comfortable with the iOS. If you prefer DOING things that don't come out of the box in the phone OS, then iOS is absolutely not for you. You will be heavily restricted by what's DELIVERED. But if you just want to enjoy the experience as it is, then iOS all the way. And as you know, with Android such limitations are not there.

I read your comment about the battery life, and I don't have such issues with the iPhone 12 battery. I'm a very heavy user of my smartphone and I could still get through the day easily with night's charging, unless I play games for too long in the middle of the day. This is the current scenario. It was even better, when my battery health was >95%, however, it's been more than 2 years since I bought the phone and the battery health is now just 86%.
+1

While @Siva bro has put it up very well. He was one of those members here who helped me choose the right option and as a result I needed up purchasing the iPhone 11 in 2020.

The OS is really good and fast and smooth. The camera is excellent. And regards to battery my battery health is 90% after more than 2 years. Backup I get for more than a day and a half as I am not a heavy user.

After using iOS for more than 2 years I would say I am quite happy with it as it meets all my expectations.

The 12 and 13 (not the pro versions) I managed to use from relatives and friends and they too are really nice.

Last edited:
iPhone 12 base version comes with 64GB and the available memory may not be big. considering thay you may go for iPhone13.

Coming to OS, its personal choice. If you are a person who likes heavy customization like themes, apps..etc, may not prefer iOS. Just go to shop and use Iphone for some time.

@Abhinav bro — good decision to switch to 5G to keep up with the times.

Could you also share the price/deal for each of the phones you are looking at, just for comparision purposes?

If iOS is your choice, AVOID iPhone 12 @Abhinav bro. Go for iPhone 13 minimum. 13 has better modem and battery life.

I always use Call recorder and so iOS is NOT for me. Android is so flexible that even in Pixel phones, I can use call recorder even without that announcement (using TruePhone Dialer). I don't use TrueCaller, but if you use, then iOS is NOT for you. Even though there is iOS version of it, its less useful due to the restrictions, afaik.

If casual browsing, camera, performance, battery life and social media scrolling is your requirement, then iPhone 13 will be best for you.

Just list the features that are a MUST HAVE for you here, then it will be easy to give recommendation, especially before making a heavy purchase and forced to use it for minimum couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock