Telegram - News & Updates

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 195
  • Views: Views 34,499
Telegram-logo-1024x1024.png

Social messaging app Telegram earlier this week in a blog post announced the up gradation of its media editor to support animated stickers and editing videos. The new update brings in animated photos, better GIFs, and video...

This thread is for the general discussion of the article: Telegram upgrades media editor to support animated stickers and editing videos. Please add to the discussion here.

I use Telegram quite a bit and find it a far superior messaging app than Whatsapp in terms of the features it has.
It is way more advanced than WhatsApp. There are countless number of handy features like editing messages, sending something in group without notification or sound, support for bots, storage of media in telegram's cloud so that receiver can download it even when sender deleted file from its device, automatic real time backup of data and messages in Telegram's cloud while WhatsApp does than only once in a while on your Google Drive storage

It is way more advanced than WhatsApp. There are countless number of handy features like...

In addition to those you mentioned -
1. Groups have capacity beyond 256 of Whatsapp limit
2. Groups have options for polls, quizzes
3. Large files upto 2GB can be sent
4. Phone number privacy
5. Those who joined groups can view all previous messages - I find this VERY useful
6. Username option (like Yahoo Messenger, MSN)

The only useful thing that is there in Whatsapp but not there on Telegram is the STATUS tab. Given a chance i'd shift lock, stock, and barrel to Telegram but since Whatsapp is indispensable in India, have to use Whatsapp.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock