Seeking Help Suggest me on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop

jaiganesh

Reaction score
Hi
I need all your valuable suggestions on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop purchased in 2008 for 42000 odd with windows vista home OS. I got it general serviced in 2012 in Dell Service centre. Till March 2017 I never faced a problem. In March 2017 I took it to Global Technologies due to frequent shutdowns where they said it is heat sink problem charged 1300 and replaced the heat sensors. I don't have AC at home at present so its hot especially during summers. In August 2017 again there was shutdown problem now they said it is IC problem of motherboard. They replaced it and charged 1100. But two days later there was same problem and they said the actual problem is with Adapter capacitor and they replaced it and they tested it for 4 - 5 days running almost 12 hrs per day. Later on the fan started giving noise in particular positions and they said it is bearing problem and needs to be replaced. I requested them to repair they just lubricated the fan and now it is fine. Yesterday the display started showing horizontal bars and system got freeze and did not start again. I took to the same service people and they removed one 2GB ram and said it got failed. I purchased 2 X 2GB rams customized dell laptop. Now it is running on one 2GB ram. Battery life expired and dvd drive detecting only dvds and not cds.

My queries:

1) What is the life of the present laptop i have. Should i invest on adapter, battery, fan, ram?

2) If I expend on above things how long will it run? Service center people say the system's life is reduced and I need to buy a new laptop as the mother board / display might damage in future. As this is my first laptop I am attached to it and there was no problem till recent time. Even If I go to Dell Service Centre I hope they would suggest the same or charge costly for each of the above parts as required and service charge is extra.

3) Should I purchase a new laptop and if yes what brand and model , with durability and warranty covered and windows 10 inbuilt OS? I use for general browsing, very rarely watch movies on dvds / cds, online videos. My purpose is programming with database, pdf reading, browsing, very less movie watching. I should be able to run system for 8 -12 hrs. My budget is max 20 - 25k.

4) What is the procedure to ensure good battery life for a laptop?

Do answer all my queries suggesting your valuable opinions immediately after the query itself.

Happy Navratri and Dasara festival.
Thanks and regards

Last edited:
Hi
I need all your valuable suggestions on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop purchased in 2008 for 42000 odd with windows vista home OS. I got it general serviced in 2012 in Dell Service centre. Till March 2017 I never faced a problem. In March 2017 I took it to Global Technologies due to frequent shutdowns where they said it is heat sink problem charged 1300 and replaced the heat sensors. I don't have AC at home at present so its hot especially during summers. In August 2017 again there was shutdown problem now they said it is IC problem of motherboard. They replaced it and charged 1100. But two days later there was same problem and they said the actual problem is with Adapter capacitor and they replaced it and they tested it for 4 - 5 days running almost 12 hrs per day. Later on the fan started giving noise in particular positions and they said it is bearing problem and needs to be replaced. I requested them to repair they just lubricated the fan and now it is fine. Yesterday the display started showing horizontal bars and system got freeze and did not start again. I took to the same service people and they removed one 2GB ram and said it got failed. I purchased 2 X 2GB rams customized dell laptop. Now it is running on one 2GB ram. Battery life expired and dvd drive detecting only dvds and not cds.

My queries:

1) What is the life of the present laptop i have. Should i invest on adapter, battery, fan, ram?

2) If I expend on above things how long will it run? Service center people say the system's life is reduced and I need to buy a new laptop as the mother board / display might damage in future. As this is my first laptop I am attached to it and there was no problem till recent time. Even If I go to Dell Service Centre I hope they would suggest the same or charge costly for each of the above parts as required and service charge is extra.

3) Should I purchase a new laptop and if yes what brand and model , with durability and warranty covered and windows 10 inbuilt OS? I use for general browsing, very rarely watch movies on dvds / cds, online videos. My purpose is programming with database, pdf reading, browsing, very less movie watching. I should be able to run system for 8 -12 hrs. My budget is max 20 - 25k.

4) What is the procedure to ensure good battery life for a laptop?

Do answer all my queries suggesting your valuable opinions immediately after the query itself.

Happy Navratri and Dasara festival.
Thanks and regards
First of all your laptop is too old (9 year old). In these year the technology is very improve. My suggestion is go for a new laptop.
1. No bro never invest in it because your hardware is vary old and not never given you performance like new pc.
2. My suggestion is Dell because service of dell is very well. According to your uses i recommended you to purchase Dell Vostro 3568 check here (http://amzn.in/dbOeu0E). And check this also Dell Inspiron Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Ubuntu) 5567 Notebook Rs.28490 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Ubuntu) 5567 Notebook Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com
4. LMGTFY

Last edited:
IMO, you have already spent too much in repairing your 9 year old Laptop. Should have purchased a new one.

In 25K, you can easily get i3. 4 GB Ram and 500 GB/1 TB Hard-disk should be fine.

The price of the below laptop was just 24k the other day, it has increased a lot now. Keep an eye on any future Festival sale, they give good discount plus if you have a particular credit card then another 10% discount.

Check this one Dell Inspiron Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Ubuntu) 5567 Notebook Rs.28490 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron Core i3 6th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Ubuntu) 5567 Notebook Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

Price is 23990
You will get 1500 discount if you have SBI card. After discount price will be 22490.
i3 6th gen, 4 GB ram, 1 TB HDD,

1) Is it worth buying laptops (my purpose of laptop mentioned previously) in thanks giving day / black friday / cyber monday or directly look for offers on amazon regularly? Preferably Dell
If yes for thanks giving day etc., what percentage discount i can get? do mention about their warranty

2) similarly suggest me on smart phones whether to buy in thanks giving day et., or on amazon? which brand (lg / samsung / vivo / sony or any other).
Do mention features of these phones or give their model numbers and reviews.
my budget is Rs. 5k - 6k. do mention about their warranty

kindly reply

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock