Somerset have signed New Zealand all rounder Corey Anderson for netwest t20 blast

Gurmeet singh

Reaction score
Somerset have signed New Zealand all rounder Corey Anderson for this season's NatWest T20 Blast.

Anderson, a 26-year-old left-handed batsman and left arm medium fast bowler was due to join Somerset in 2015 but a back injury prevented this. However, he will now finally play for Somerset in the competition and will be available for all matches.

"Having been unable to fulfil a contract at Somerset a few years ago due to injury, I'm excited to finally get the opportunity," Anderson said. "Somerset have a strong squad that are looking to challenge on all fronts this season and I hope I can play my part as we push for the T20 title."

Somerset's director of cricket Matt Maynard said: "To be able to add a player of his calibre to the squad is great news for us," he said. "He's an exciting player and a very talented cricketer who strikes the ball exceptionally well."

Anderson has played in 13 Test Matches, 44 One-Day Internationals and 29 T20 Internationals for New Zealand. In 2014 he set a new record for the fastest one-day century when he reached three figures in just 36 balls against West Indies at Queenstown.
Somerset turn again to Anderson - Somerset have signed New Zealand all rounder Corey Anderson for this season's NatWest T20 Blast

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock