Seeking Help Worst customer care service with Jio Fiber

thisisjagan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently changed my registered mobile number in Jio Fiber connection. After the number change, almost all of the Apps started showing my new number except Sun NXT, Discovery and Zee5.

After resetting and uninstall, Zee5 subscription reflected in my new number but the app STB won't let me sign in. It keeps saying the number is already registered and opens with a Guest account in the STB.

No luck with Sun NXT and Discovery plus, they are active on my old number only.

For Sun NXT, a separate account under my old number is created by Jio. When I try to access from other devices, subscription won't reflect at all.

For all these issues, I have been struggling with Live Chat, Engineer visit and Appellate.

Live chat was simply closing the SR after 24 hours without resolution.

Requested engineer visit, they kept rescheduling and one guy simply called asked for OTP.

Finally one turned up and said he can't do anything. Asked for OTP only.

I raised a case with Appellate, again the same drama. The SR will be auto resolved after 24 hours.

They call me, i explain the issue, within few hours, it will resolved without fixing the issue.

It's been a month and yet no resolution.

Did anyone face this issue or has any escalation contacts?

Hello everyone,

I recently changed my registered mobile number in Jio Fiber connection. After the number change, almost all of the Apps started showing my new number except Sun NXT, Discovery and Zee5.

After resetting and uninstall, Zee5 subscription reflected in my new number but the app STB won't let me sign in. It keeps saying the number is already registered and opens with a Guest account in the STB.

For Sun NXT, a separate account under my old number is created by Jio. When I try to access from other devices, subscription won't reflect at all.

For all these issues, I have been struggling with Live Chat, Engineer visit and Appellate.

Requested engineer visit, they kept rescheduling and one guy simply called asked for OTP.

I raised a case with Appellate, again the same drama. The SR will be auto resolved after 24 hours.

They call me, i explain the issue, within few hours, it will resolved without fixing the issue.

Woah, this sounds very bad!

I don't have any solution for you right now & I could understand your frustration. But your unfortunate experience is a warning for the rest of us JioFiber users. Now we know that we should never change the JioFiber registered mobile number in the middle of an existing validity period, unless it is 100% unavoidable. Thank you for writing here about this situation.

Jio should have had contingency plans to address these sort of situations, and you shouldn't have had to go back and forth with them over this for a month!

This is bad rep for JioFiber.

Hello everyone,

I did face this issue..but after clearing the cache and data..The new number was reflected in a few apps.

Sometimes, the change happens during the new billing period.

A couple of things comes to mind. These are going to be redundant, and might probably not make any sense to you, as you have already Factory Reset the STB and have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling these apps. Give them a try anyway. You know, just in case.

Steps:

1) Access the "App Info" screen for each of these 3 apps from the Jio STB Settings, and do a "Force Stop", and then a "Clear Data" of them. Do not open these apps again immediately.

2) In the same way, now do the same two things from step #1 for the My Jio app in the Jio STB. Do not open this app again immediately either.

3) Restart the STB by using the restart option in the STB settings.

4) After the STB is back up & is connected to the Internet, go to Settings again, and do a "Force Stop" + " Clear Data" for the 3 apps (in case if they have automatically started running again in the background).

5) Now do the same for the My Jio app.

6) Now open the My Jio app first, and verify if your name & new mobile number are correctly displayed there.

7) Do not close or come out of the My Jio app for about 30 minutes or more.

8) After 30 minutes or more, come out of the My Jio app and try opening the other 3 apps one by one. Do not log into them yourself by providing mobile number & OTP. Try to see of these apps log you into them automatically, by using the information from the My Jio app. If it does not log you in automatically, come out of the app once, and then go back in immediately to see if that solves the issue.

Let me know what happens. Good luck!

Can't we migrate the plan like we transfer benefits from one account to another in various apps.

A couple of things comes to mind. These are going to be redundant, and might probably not make any sense to you, as you have already Factory Reset the STB and have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling these apps. Give them a try anyway. You know, just in case.

Steps:

1) Access the "App Info" screen for each of these 3 apps from the Jio STB Settings, and do a "Force Stop", and then a "Clear Data" of them. Do not open these apps again immediately.

2) In the same way, now do the same two things from step #1 for the My Jio app in the Jio STB. Do not open this app again immediately either.

3) Restart the STB by using the restart option in the STB settings.

4) After the STB is back up & is connected to the Internet, go to Settings again, and do a "Force Stop" + " Clear Data" for the 3 apps (in case if they have automatically started running again in the background).

5) Now do the same for the My Jio app.

6) Now open the My Jio app first, and verify if your name & new mobile number are correctly displayed there.

7) Do not close or come out of the My Jio app for about 30 minutes or more.

8) After 30 minutes or more, come out of the My Jio app and try opening the other 3 apps one by one. Do not log into them yourself by providing mobile number & OTP. Try to see of these apps log you into them automatically, by using the information from the My Jio app. If it does not log you in automatically, come out of the app once, and then go back in immediately to see if that solves the issue.

Let me know what happens. Good luck!
How do you force stop bro. I only see clear data option.

Thanks everyone. I don't think anyone has any clue about the issue I'm reporting in Jio Fiber. I'm happy if they acknowledge that if they cannot fix it.

The frustrating thing is, they keep resolving without my confirmation. This happens within 24 hours. The surprising thing is that it happens with Appellate.

I was looking online for the State Business Head contact and in linked in i see a similar post where someone reported about this 24hours resolving behaviour by Jio.

I don't want to amplify this by posting in Linked In.

However, for anyone considering Broadband, I'll never recommend Jio Fiber. It was first choice earlier and the Customer Support i received makes me think twice.

How do you force stop bro. I only see clear data option.

The Force Stop option/button is available/highlighted only when an app is running in the background (or foreground). It appears greyed out when the app is not running. In other words, if the force stop button is greyed out, then it means that the app is not running. In such cases, we don't have to worry about force stopping the app, as it is already in stopped (not running) state.

You could just try out all the steps in my previous post by omitting the force stop process whenever the button is not highlighted.

Also, please post a photo of the screen where you are seeing the Clear Data option.

The Force Stop option/button is available/highlighted only when an app is running in the background (or foreground). It appears greyed out when the app is not running. In other words, if the force stop button is greyed out, then it means that the app is not running. In such cases, we don't have to worry about force stopping the app, as it is already in stopped (not running) state.

You could just try out all the steps in my previous post by omitting the force stop process whenever the button is not highlighted.

Also, please post a photo of the screen where you are seeing the Clear Data option.
I have tried uninstalling and clearing data. I have completely reset the STB itself. No luck bro. The force stop itself was not there. It wasn't greyed out. My subscription ends on 16th, i will load these apps without subscription and then wait for it to reflect and then try.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock