• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 970

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. There was an earthquake. I wanted to warn my mother who had went out. I had to listen a bloody one minute lecture of COVID vaccine before call could connect.

Here's another one. While going through COVID. I had to urgently call doctor as I was coughing uncontrollably. Than also had to listen to same crap for a minute. Now imagine the call getting disconnected. Than we have to go through same bullsh*t over again. Telecom operators needs to stop COVID tone. It's gonna led to a big disaster.

This is ridiculous. There was an earthquake. I wanted to warn my mother who had went out. I had to listen a bloody one minute lecture of COVID vaccine before call could connect.
If you are on Airtel/Jio, disconnect the call and call-back, then you will only have to listen to one lecture instead of two.

It's sad that these operators don't provide a way to turn these off

No covid tone in Jio at present...It has in Airtel but pressing 1 takes us directly to ringtone...We can remove by disconnecting dialed number instantly and then redial will not have any covid tone..This is today's situation..

No covid tone in Jio at present...It has in Airtel but pressing 1 takes us directly to ringtone...We can remove by disconnecting dialed number instantly and then redial will not have any covid tone..This is today's situation..
Dialing numbers doesn't work on Vi. On Jio we can bypass if we have caller tunes activated.

Here's what I've been doing in my Airtel Prepaid.

Make Call --> IVR starts saying 'Covid Bleh Bleh Bleh' --> Disconnect immediately after the IVR begins blabbering --> Call back again --> Listen to ringtone --> Call gets connected.

Wait in Jio, Airtel call connect directly like this COVID warning work as caller tune the phone bell rings in between this warning.
Where as in Vodafone yes we had to listen to this warning before call actually reaches the customer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock