Discussion Silent Diwali: Ban on sale and use of firecrackers

Yes, I am aware. But it's still a small step against those normal firecrackers. We need to slowly take a step back. If you take it away altogether. Less people will co-operate with good initiatives.
There is no easy solution for this.I think at the moment the only thing that can deter people is rising price of crackers.I know it’s hard for lot of people and especially pets to stay calm during the extended hours of bursting crackers but I guess you have to accept this being choice of majority of people.The more govt or the court tries to regulate the more people will try to find a way around just like how it is with all these warning messages and regulations the sale of cigarettes and liquor is still increasing.

There is no easy solution for this.I think at the moment the only thing that can deter people is rising price of crackers.I know it’s hard for lot of people and especially pets to stay calm during the extended hours of bursting crackers but I guess you have to accept this being choice of majority of people.The more govt or the court tries to regulate the more people will try to find a way around just like how it is with all these warning messages and regulations the sale of cigarettes and liquor is still increasing.
No problem as they're digging there own grave for him 🥱

The more govt or the court tries to regulate the more people will try to find a way around just like how it is with all these warning messages and regulations the sale of cigarettes and liquor is still increasing.
In my city atleast bursting of firecrackers has gone down. Because it was difficult to purchase. And pricing it higher won't make any difference. I mostly saw privileged people burst crackers who can happily pay double than what they are paying. If courts wants to seriously take action here. They will have to go after the manufacturers.

In my city atleast bursting of firecrackers has gone down. Because it was difficult to purchase. And pricing it higher won't make any difference. I mostly saw privileged people burst crackers who can happily pay double than what they are paying. If courts wants to seriously take action here. They will have to go after the manufacturers.
Talking from my own point of view,we reduced cracker usage one out of sheer lack of enthusiasm and secondly due to rising prices.

Talking from my own point of view,we reduced cracker usage one out of sheer lack of enthusiasm and secondly due to rising prices.
Just out of curiosity. What is the pricing? I haven't bought firecrackers since almost 8 years now.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity. What is the pricing? I haven't both firecrackers since almost 8 years now.
Not sure of individual costs but from what I recollect anar around 60/piece,sparklers 150 rs/pack

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock