Discussion Silent Diwali: Ban on sale and use of firecrackers

Source

LrmHMsP.jpg
Diwali is just an excuse the main reason is farmers burning parali... There was a thick layer of smoke even before bursting of crackers here in Delhi.

The fire would have stopped after burning all those powders. But it continued to burn only because cooking gas pipe lines were there. It's like normal cracker. It will stop exploding after running out of fuel. But It won't if it will get something else to burn. Those pipelines are the reason.
Hats off to ur hiding technique .. see reason for the fire is crackers and cause of the fire is gas pipeline .. we're worrying about the reason and ur hiding the reason under the cause

If those children's won't light the crackers then they won't injured as well as gas pipeline won't get fire

End of the topic from my side

Diwali is just an excuse the main reason is farmers burning parali... There was a thick layer of smoke even before bursting of crackers here in Delhi.
While I am not sidelining the stubble burning excuse, it is indeed a major concern of pollution and has to be handled, How come the PM2.5 value crossed 900 suddenly on Nov 5.

Hats off to ur hiding technique .. see reason for the fire is crackers and cause of the fire is gas pipeline .. we're worrying about the reason and ur hiding the reason under the cause

If those children's won't light the crackers then they won't injured as well as gas pipeline won't get fire

Seek help from a chemistry teacher. (y)

If this is in reference to the video post in Telugu, then yes, it was due to methane gas from drainage pipelines. Methane gas and other flammable toxic gases form in drainage pipelines and it is advisable not to perform any fire related activities near drainage manholes

If this is in reference to the video post in Telugu, then yes, it was due to methane gas from drainage pipelines. Methane gas and other flammable toxic gases form in drainage pipelines and it is advisable not to perform any fire related activities near drainage manholes
Thanks for clarifying. I have been trying to say the same thing since yesterday. When concentration of methane gas became high in drain pipes, it can catch fire. Although chances are very less, but it can happen. In this case, it is cooking gas. Cooking gas needs no explanation. / To all those who are weak in chemistry, This is high school chemistry. 🙏

Interesting anecdote shared by some weather bloggers:-

Chennai's AQI ranges between 150-180 on a regular day (which is still bad TBH), it reached 858 last night due to crackers. Since NE monsoon is extremely active over TamilNadu right now, the winds and the rain helped cleaning the toxins and its back to the regular values by today morning.

Unfortunately that is not the case with many cities in North India. There are no significant winds or any rains right now over North Indian belt from Punjab-West Bengal causing the harmful PM 2.5 substances to float over the same areas for a longer periods. This is why burning stubble and using fire crackers over North India is far more harmful than doing the same in South India in Winter season.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock