Discussion Silent Diwali: Ban on sale and use of firecrackers

AQI of Chennai Above 220 which is falls under very poor category till yesterday 10am it's above 100 which falls moderate category within 24hrs it's more than doubled due to Joy of Happiness 😤

In our flat 80 years senior citizen suffering from breathing problem though he don't have Aasthma complaint .. he was taken to hospital yesterday midnight due to Same Joy of Happiness .. I don't how these genius people finding Joy of Happiness in other Sufferings 😤
Being a father of dog is worse experience. Our labrador kept on getting scared throughout the evening. Our house is infront of a big hospital of all places. Still most id*ots won't show any mercy. 😤

Even at streets homeless dogs were scared. Atleast some nice people came out and offered treats to them. Most went into hiding. These two days are really horrible. I get that phuljali, chakris etc. looks good. Don't get the purpose of those chocolate and other noise making bombs which harrasses everybody.

Just see how selective we are about our love for animals. Some find slaughtering of animals during Eid unethical which I even agree too. But harrassing them diwali by bursting crackers good. We need to remember it's their diwali too. We need to be less selfish.

These two days are really horrible. I get that phuljali, chakris etc. looks good. Don't get the purpose of those chocolate and other noise making bombs which harrasses everybody.
Exactly same my thought as well as my mother 😔😔

Being a father of dog is worse experience. Our labrador kept on getting scared throughout the evening. Our house is infront of a big hospital of all places. Still most id*ots won't show any mercy. 😤

Even at streets homeless dogs were scared. Atleast some nice people came out and offered treats to them. Most went into hiding. These two days are really horrible. I get that phuljali, chakris etc. looks good. Don't get the purpose of those chocolate and other noise making bombs which harrasses everybody.

Just see how selective we are about our love for animals. Some find slaughtering of animals during Eid unethical which I even agree too. But harrassing them diwali by bursting crackers good. We need to remember it's their diwali too. We need to be less selfish.
This is why some time ago i purposed community diwali celebration. Government should find some vacant space where all will go and celebrate Diwali. Like in Park, near rivers or some other places. It won't cause much problems for birds, dogs etc.

This is why some time ago i purposed community diwali celebration. Government should find some vacant space where all will go and celebrate Diwali. Like in Park, near rivers or some other places. It won't cause much problems for birds, dogs etc.
Idea is ridiculous. Diwali is a festival meant to be celebrated at homes with our loved ones. Exchanging gifts and sweets. We can adopt to firecracker less diwali. Or use green crackers that doesn't make noise. Many aren't educated enough to know the pollution coming out these crackers. But I still don't get the obsession with making noise. I know change is difficult. But we can slowly adopt to it.

Idea is ridiculous. Diwali is a festival meant to be celebrated at homes with our loved ones. Exchanging gifts and sweets. We can adopt to firecracker less diwali. Or use green crackers that doesn't make noise. Many aren't educated enough to know the pollution coming out these crackers. But I still don't get the obsession with making noise. I know change is difficult. But we can slowly adopt to it.
Green crackers does make noise and aren't that great for environment either. Read about it. Green cracker=Vegetarian Meat.

Green crackers does make noise and aren't that great for environment either. Read about it. Green cracker=Vegetarian Meat.
I already said to use the ones that doesn't make noise. And asked for a slower transition from normal crackers to green ones to no crackers. Forceful change with ban will never work.

Last edited:
I already said to use the ones that doesn't make noise. And asked for a slower transition from normal crackers to green ones to no crackers. Forceful change with ban will never work.
Kevin Hart Ok GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

@iDJ bro I hope your aware of it yes green crackers are 120 decibel compare to 160 decibel chemical crackers also green crackers 70% pollution one compare to chemical crackers as they are 100% pollution content 🥺

@iDJ bro I hope your aware of it yes green crackers are 120 decibel compare to 160 decibel chemical crackers also green crackers 70% pollution one compare to chemical crackers as they are 100% pollution content 🥺
Yes, I am aware. But it's still a small step against those normal firecrackers. We need to slowly take a step back. If you take it away altogether. Less people will co-operate with good initiatives.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock