Good News Sideloading apps apks working in Jio Android STB

• Thread starter Thread starter alienwrz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 13,345

alienwrz

Reaction score
if you cant find app installer goto apps -> show system apps -> scroll down till you see app installer. open it select local and install apk..

tried kodi failed. ill try with new apk from pc.

Installed all apk i had with me in a pen drive.

installed these apks

wq8qBrU.jpg

Then tried playing Plex through Kodi. Worked flawlessly

vQvhooY.jpg

nXZnMXM.jpg

All 4K aac / truehd transcoded to Dolby without any issue.

BCiAufC.jpg

BCiAufC.jpg

4KRKjZJ.jpg

snZR3hS.jpg

ex9DrtL.jpg

Installed jio tv app but this is output

JRz7gWO.jpg

Opened prime video but video playback had issues.

R2hbD6v.jpg

Installed smart YouTube apk. 4K is playing well

SQ9Mc6w.jpg

Netflix only works with 480p, so any questions? all these were tried using 5Ghz wifi and not LAN. so all high bitrate videos play flawlessly.
i have STB with Tuner. anyone without tuner try it out and post below

Last edited:
No! App Installer Not Available On My STB!

Looks The Box Software Shown In Video Is Old One!

No! App Installer Not Available On My STB!

Looks The Box Software Shown In Video Is Old One!
yours doesnt have tuner right? but this guy has one and i have it too maybe both are having different software? lol just want to convince myself it will work. so i can side load sh#t out this box

EDIT did you check out comments section. he says that if you click on show system app you will see the app installer.

Last edited:
Will Check Evening And Confirm
Bro, Jio Now Provides Blue Coloured Router(5ghz) And Blue STB(With Turner Support). New Connections Now Get These. I Requested For 5 ghz Since I Get Around 40 MBPS In Wi-fi In Gold Plan. But They Denied Saying They Can Exchange Router When It Is Faulty Only. If I Want 5 ghz Router, They Requested Me To Cancel This Connection And Get A New Connection Or Advised Me To Downgrade My Plan.. :-(

Bro, Jio Now Provides Blue Coloured Router(5ghz) And Blue STB(With Turner Support). New Connections Now Get These. I Requested For 5 ghz Since I Get Around 40 MBPS In Wi-fi In Gold Plan. But They Denied Saying They Can Exchange Router When It Is Faulty Only. If I Want 5 ghz Router, They Requested Me To Cancel This Connection And Get A New Connection Or Advised Me To Downgrade My Plan.. :-(
I have white colour router which gives both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. Is that outdated router? i got it installed in April this year.

yes, it seems you are unlucky few. i would suggest getting a decent dual band router for 2k. i have such setup im not using Jio's wifi at all
I have white colour router which gives both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. Is that outdated router? i got it installed in April this year.
it is not outdated, you can still use it

Back
Top Bottom